Legal Market in Saskatchewan

شخص غريب

شخص غريب

Hi,

How’s the legal market in Sask? Are graduates from uSask struggling to find legal jobs/articling position, or is a law degree very employable in Saskatchewan?

Thanks in advance for any insight provided.

DennisNextDoor
  • Lawyer
On 2/27/2022 at 9:25 PM, Linen said:

Hi,

How’s the legal market in Sask? Are graduates from uSask struggling to find legal jobs/articling position, or is a law degree very employable in Saskatchewan?

Thanks in advance for any insight provided.

I graduated from USask a couple years ago. As far as I know, pretty much everyone in my graduating class who was looking for articles ended up with articles. I find the legal market in Saskatchewan pretty hot and there is definitely no shortage for firms looking to add coming out of Covid.

• Thanks 1

t3ctonics
  • Lawyer

I think the legal job market in Saskatchewan over the past year or so has been hotter than at any time since I graduated in 2013. Even then, everyone I knew from law school that actually wanted to work as a lawyer got an articling position.

I'm less familiar with the articling recruit situation now, but there's been more postings for lawyers than ever - including at the junior level - and I've known multiple lawyers that recently landed new jobs that never had a posting.

• Thanks 1