Chances uOttawa Com Law

uoftearsalumna

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant

Hi guys, 

uOttawa is a school i'd really like to get in. I havent heard anything yet and it's been really discouraging. I'd appreciate some insights

cGPA: 3.5, LSAT: 160 -- keep in mind, i'm still an undergrad (UofT life science so i'm sure you can understand my gpa on that basis alone, lol). My cGPA will rise to 3.6 by the time I graduate, with my L2/B2 to 3.9. 

Decent ECAs i'd say -- lots of campus involvement (such as orientation, executive council member on student union, undergraduate research student), community volunteering (including the 2021 federal election), work experience as a work study student at school and 4 years of retail. 

Thanks!

Greenjuice
  • Applicant

Hi! If it's any consolation, I also attended U of T and my GPA was not great. I just got admitted with a 3.2 CGPA, part time course load, and a 161 LSAT score. I had strong LORS and ECs, but so do you! I applied access so I'm sure that played a role.

But stay positive! The wait is so terrible but you got this. I've seen a few folks with your scores or below who have been admitted. Wishing you the best of luck!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant

Thanks for your reassurance. I applied general with good LORs as well. I just dont quite get what the hold up is lol. my statements were strong. 

I would also hope for western/queens. like i said my b2/l2 will rise to above 3.8 after my grades come in and im graduated. hope something can happen in the summer. this last month will be a killer. 

51 minutes ago, uoftearsalumna said:

Hi guys, 

uOttawa is a school i'd really like to get in. I havent heard anything yet and it's been really discouraging. I'd appreciate some insights

cGPA: 3.5, LSAT: 160 -- keep in mind, i'm still an undergrad (UofT life science so i'm sure you can understand my gpa on that basis alone, lol). My cGPA will rise to 3.6 by the time I graduate, with my L2/B2 to 3.9. 

Decent ECAs i'd say -- lots of campus involvement (such as orientation, executive council member on student union, undergraduate research student), community volunteering (including the 2021 federal election), work experience as a work study student at school and 4 years of retail. 

Thanks!

If your 3.5 is per OLSAS, then your chance is really good.

I was admitted (over 10 years ago) with 161 and 3.47 before May

• Thanks 1

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant
44 minutes ago, luckycharm said:

If your 3.5 is per OLSAS, then your chance is really good.

I was admitted (over 10 years ago) with 161 and 3.47 before May

It is 3.5 on OLSAS, and 3.53 UofT. Thanks!

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, ElleofFrell said:

I got in with 3.34 and 160 couple weeks ago  - so you are good!

That's good to hear. Thanks for letting me know. Just such an agonizing wait. 

laujr
  • Law Student
9 minutes ago, ElleofFrell said:

I got in with 3.34 and 160 couple weeks ago  - so you are good!

What category did you apply to? I have identical stats and I'm still waiting to hear back. 

ElleofFrell
  • Law Student

General

2 hours ago, laujr said:

What category did you apply to? I have identical stats and I'm still waiting to hear back. 

• Like 1

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant
10 minutes ago, BelLaw said:

Chance me please - 3.64 cgpa and 155 LSAT 

Decent opportunity I'd say for sure. 

TheLawyer
  • Lawyer

80-90% probability in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, BelLaw said:

I'd say a 50% chance, but it also depends on your personal statement, advanced education, extra-curriculars etc. 

dimsum1
  • Law School Admit
4 hours ago, BelLaw said:

Would you be applying General, Access, Mature...?

ComTruise
  • Law School Admit
15 hours ago, Cary Agos said:

Chance me please - 3.61 cgpa, 157 LSAT

(Applied general)

Good stats. Would not be surprised if you were offered at other Ontario schools too- at the very least, be put on a waitlist. If you have great softs such as PS, references and work/volunteer experience you'll definitely stand out.

lawhopeful28
  • Law Student
16 hours ago, Cary Agos said:

Chance me please - 3.61 cgpa, 157 LSAT

(Applied general)

I have almost the exact same stats as you and haven’t received an offer yet either. Hoping for the best. Have you had any success at other Ontario schools? 

Cary Agos
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, lawhopeful28 said:

I have almost the exact same stats as you and haven’t received an offer yet either. Hoping for the best. Have you had any success at other Ontario schools? 

Yes I was accepted to Windsor. Best of luck!

lawhopeful28
  • Law Student
12 minutes ago, Cary Agos said:

Yes I was accepted to Windsor. Best of luck!

Congratulations! Good luck with the rest of your applications as well!