Question for Current Ottawa Students

gglaw

gglaw
  • Applicant

Hey everyone! I just had a quick question regarding some of the internships that Ottawa offers. So I am really interested in working with the UN or the WHO and think an internship would be really really cool there (I got accepted and am 99% sure I am accepting my offer). I know theres a lot of internships with global affairs and such but I was wondering if Ottawa has any involvement with the UN or WHO or if anyone has pursued this with their student-proposed internship? I would love to do work regarding International and health law so these would be opportunities that I would hope to seek out 🙂

Thank you! 

• 3 weeks later...
Catpurrccino
  • Law Student

Congratulations on the acceptance!

Personally, I am not aware of UN or WHO internships that the faculty runs. But my understanding is that you can do a student-proposed internship with almost any employer/organisattion as long as the SPI fulfills the requirement. 

if you are interested in health law, when you are in 1L, you may be interested in the santéship, which is a fellowship/resarch assistant position with professors who are experts in health law.