Provisional Offer/Firm Offer Question

ComTruise

ComTruise
  • Law School Admit

Offered admission for the Common Law JD. Admission letter states April 1st deadline but I may decline if I receive an offer closer to home in Toronto. If I accept the offer on both uoZone and OLSAS, will I be excluded from further consideration to other schools? I'm hoping to be put on waitlists for Toronto schools but I expect that I may have to wait into the Summer.

In addition, is accepting my offer on uoZone different from accepting on OLSAS?

Thanks

scooter
  • Law Student

As far as I can tell, uozone just sends you to OLSAS when you click "Respond to your offer". In OLSAS you can choose Firm or Provisional acceptance. Firm = removes you from consideration of all other schools. Provisional = you can choose which schools you still want to be considered by. Provisional becomes Firm at a certain point, read OLSAS and your offer letter for specific dates. 

• Like 1

ComTruise
  • Law School Admit
13 minutes ago, scooter said:

As far as I can tell, uozone just sends you to OLSAS when you click "Respond to your offer". In OLSAS you can choose Firm or Provisional acceptance. Firm = removes you from consideration of all other schools. Provisional = you can choose which schools you still want to be considered by. Provisional becomes Firm at a certain point, read OLSAS and your offer letter for specific dates. 

Thank you! I was apprehensive about clicking any kind of [offer] button, did not know that uoZone just transfers you to OLSAS, haha.