Chance me? cGPA: 3.91, L2: 3.96, B2:3.99, LSAT: 160

ABBY98

ABBY98
  • Applicant

Hey everyone! 

I would just like people's thoughts on my chances to the schools I applied to. I applied to Western, Queen's, Windsor, Osgoode, and Calgary. I wrote the LSAT in August 2021 and scored a 155; I rewrote in January 2022 and scored a 160 (not as high as I would have liked, but I felt like it was a decent score). 

I am currently completing a master's degree, have 3 letters of recommendation (2 academic, 1 personal given Winsdor's requirement), as well as worked at a criminal law firm during the summers and volunteered on campus (weekly) for 2/4 years of my undergrad; I won a leadership award for one of these positions. I don't play sports but I am passionate about the gym/group fitness classes (which I mentioned in my application). 

I have several academic scholarships from both my undergrad (Western) and master's (Queen's). 

I have not been accepted anywhere yet and am just wondering if anyone has any thoughts for me! Thank you. 

ElleofFrell
  • Law Student

You should have good chance at the Ontario schools you have listed. Can't speak for Calgary, but I'd assume that a really good gpa so I am assuming ypu should get some news soon

Is the GPA from OLSAS?

ElleofFrell
  • Law Student

Yeah - honestly I am surprised you have not heard. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you

11 minutes ago, ABBY98 said:

@ElleofFrellThank you for the response. Yes, my cGPA is from OLSAS! I also converted my L2/B2 using the OLSAS scale. 

1 hour ago, ABBY98 said:

Hey everyone! 

I would just like people's thoughts on my chances to the schools I applied to. I applied to Western, Queen's, Windsor, Osgoode, and Calgary. I wrote the LSAT in August 2021 and scored a 155; I rewrote in January 2022 and scored a 160 (not as high as I would have liked, but I felt like it was a decent score). 

I am currently completing a master's degree, have 3 letters of recommendation (2 academic, 1 personal given Winsdor's requirement), as well as worked at a criminal law firm during the summers and volunteered on campus (weekly) for 2/4 years of my undergrad; I won a leadership award for one of these positions. I don't play sports but I am passionate about the gym/group fitness classes (which I mentioned in my application). 

I have several academic scholarships from both my undergrad (Western) and master's (Queen's). 

I have not been accepted anywhere yet and am just wondering if anyone has any thoughts for me! Thank you. 

Queens and Western for sure. Oz a good possiblity. Windsor is hard to predict.

Latte_Specter14
  • Law Student

I'd say most likely everywhere except Osgoode where it may only be a 50/50 chance. I didn't apply to Windsor but have been accepted to Ottawa, Western, Queen's, and Calgary, but still waiting on Osgoode. My stats are very similar at LSAT: 161, cGPA: 3.92. 

Keep your head up - they'll roll in this month for sure!