TRU vs Calgary

Bp123

Bp123
  • Applicant

Hi all, 

I was just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are for these two schools when comparing. I ultimately want to work in BC (Vancouver) and when looking at the numbers for summer recruits I’m still unsure. I know TRU has higher tuition but is it worth it career wise?

Would love to hear from current students and former students who maybe chose one over the other or why they chose one in general.

Thanks in advance! 

Lawstudents20202020
  • Lawyer

It's a difference of 15k, that's going to be a personal choice whether that makes it worth it for you. 

Both schools are good and you will be able to have a career in Vancouver with a degree from either school. Your classmates at TRU will probably be more focused on Vancouver compared to Calgary. 

I picked TRU over Alberta schools because it was closer to family and I wanted to practice in the interior. To me that outweighed the cost. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
kkmarie
  • Applicant

I am making the same decisions this year so I appreciate the insight as well!

Also from BC and hoping to practice in Vancouver at the end of this. I haven't paid the deposit to Calgary but unless something changes I plan on attending Calgary. I messaged with a couple people who made the transition after school to BC and it seems relatively straight forward. Some insight into my thinking is cost but more importantly the location. Calgary compared to Kamloops seems like a more lively city with more going on.

Current students/graduates, If I'm completely off I would love to know before taking the plunge!

1 hour ago, kkmarie said:

I am making the same decisions this year so I appreciate the insight as well!

Also from BC and hoping to practice in Vancouver at the end of this. I haven't paid the deposit to Calgary but unless something changes I plan on attending Calgary. I messaged with a couple people who made the transition after school to BC and it seems relatively straight forward. Some insight into my thinking is cost but more importantly the location. Calgary compared to Kamloops seems like a more lively city with more going on.

Current students/graduates, If I'm completely off I would love to know before taking the plunge!

Isn't Calgary much colder than Kamloops in Winter?

kkmarie
  • Applicant

I wouldn't say much, Kamloops can get pretty cold. I lived in Ottawa for 5 years and ended up loving the sunny colder days, so I feel prepared to handle a colder winter 😛  

Edited by kkmarie