Should I be discouraged?

berrycardinal42

berrycardinal42
  • Applicant

I hope this is in the right place. 

I applied to all law schools in Ontario and have not heard anything back from any school. I'm so worried that I won't get in anywhere. My top choices are Windsor and Osgoode but I would be happy to go anywhere. 

Stats: 3.73 CGPA (not sure what b2 and l2 are but would be a bit higher than that), 158 LSAT

Pretty good EC's, interesting reason why I'd like to go to law school, great letters of recommendation. 

I know applications are subjective but based on this how worried should I be? When did people with similar stats hear? 

TIA 🙂 

28 minutes ago, berrycardinal42 said:

I applied to all law schools in Ontario and have not heard anything back from any school. I'm so worried that I won't get in anywhere. My top choices are Windsor and Osgoode but I would be happy to go anywhere. 

Stats: 3.73 CGPA (not sure what b2 and l2 are but would be a bit higher than that), 158 LSAT

Pretty good EC's, interesting reason why I'd like to go to law school, great letters of recommendation. 

I know applications are subjective but based on this how worried should I be? When did people with similar stats hear? 

TIA 🙂 

Queens and Ottawa

berrycardinal42
  • Applicant
7 hours ago, luckycharm said:

Queens and Ottawa

Sorry, I don’t know what this means

• Like 1

Darth Vader
  • Lawyer
7 hours ago, luckycharm said:

Queens and Ottawa

14 minutes ago, berrycardinal42 said:

Sorry, I don’t know what this means

@luckycharm — Seriously dude, how difficult is to to type out a full sentence every once in a while? 

@berrycardinal42 — I think what he means is that you have a good chance of getting into Queen's and Ottawa. You'll probably get into some others too. 

And why is Windsor your top choice? It's employment prospects are worse than most other Ontario law schools, even for careers outside Big law. 

berrycardinal42
  • Applicant
21 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

@luckycharm — Seriously dude, how difficult is to to type out a full sentence every once in a while? 

@berrycardinal42 — I think what he means is that you have a good chance of getting into Queen's and Ottawa. You'll probably get into some others too. 

And why is Windsor your top choice? It's employment prospects are worse than most other Ontario law schools, even for careers outside Big law. 

Thank you! 

I’m from a small town and don’t have a huge desire to go to a big city, plus a lot of the lawyers I know from my area went to Windsor. 

dimsum1
  • Law School Admit
12 hours ago, berrycardinal42 said:

TIA 🙂 

First, are you applying General or other categories? 

Looking at the Ottawa accepted thread, I see a bunch that are in your range.  I'd say you have a decent shot at Ottawa.  

ElleofFrell
  • Law Student

I have way worse stats than you 3.34 and 160 for context - I got into Queens and Ottawa. (I didnt apply to windsor so I can't speka for that). But you should be good for these schools. I applied general - normal softs. Nothing too special 

If I were to speculate you are good for Windsor - Osgoode maybe a bit of outta reach with your LSAT but I think you definetly have a chance with your cGPA. 

Hope that helps

Edited by ElleofFrell