Chance me: cGPA 3.77, L2 3.80, B2 3.82, Practice LSAT 154

cptn_Canuck

cptn_Canuck
  • Law School Admit

Currently in the last term of my undergrad degree. I took a cold LSAT practice test under timed conditions and got a 154. I plan on studying during the summer and taking the LSAT in late summer or the fall to get an official score. I have 20 months of co-op experience, as well as other ECs. 

I am aiming for Western or OttawaU. 

What are my chances?  

Your cGPA is literally what I have pretty much and I got into Western so far (haven't heard back from others). But you need to work on the LSAT. What was your worst section? Also, I recommend 7Sage thats all I used personally and it got me 164 (and im perfectly happy with that). You should start studying now though and take it slow. Better then rushing it in summer, you need time to study and digest the information. 

• Like 1

coffeelover
  • Law School Admit

it is really hard to tell without a clear LSAT score. But I will say anything high 150s and above will help. It is better to get a 160+ but your CGPA and L2 are quite competitive.

Edited by coffeelover
  • Like 1

cptn_Canuck
  • Law School Admit

@Eathwens I believe it was either AR or LR. One of the two, can't remember which one. Okay thanks for the advice! Just out of curiosity how long did it take you to get a 164? I would also be quite happy with a 164. 

2 minutes ago, cptn_Canuck said:

@Eathwens I believe it was either AR or LR. One of the two, can't remember which one. Okay thanks for the advice! Just out of curiosity how long did it take you to get a 164? I would also be quite happy with a 164. 

I started studying in October and ramped it up in December/January and did the test in January. Early on I did it slowly, but later on I did it quickly. I did good because I was just very good at the Logic Games section. I feel like I could of done way better if I studied earlier tho, and more often. If you study a few hours everyday and just sink the time in you will get a 160+

• Like 1

mjslava
  • Applicant

I also suggest 7sage. I went from a 14low diagnostic to 169 through them and adeptLR in about 8 months. Their curriculum might seem intense, but it is absolutely worth it. The way they teach LG is alone worth the subscription.

• Like 1

Mia
  • Law Student

I took a cold diagnostic in mid-May, scored 152. I studied part time and was able to score a 161 on the August test. The LSAT is a very learnable test, your GPA is quite competitive and if you put in the effort, you will be fine! 

• Like 1

Possum
  • Law School Admit

If I could offer a bit of advice - practise up and take the LSAT sometime this summer/fall so you have an opportunity to rewrite if you don't get the grade you'd hoped for.  Most schools I looked at would accept as late as the January score, but I didn't check your schools.

I was consistently getting 172-174 on practice tests, but during the real thing I entirely lost my brain to fear/panic/I don't know what happened, but I literally guessed at half the section.  It was awful.  Ended up with a 163 by some miracle.  I expected much worse.  Of course by the time I decided I wanted to go to law school, I could only register for the January LSAT, so that's my only score.  Ideally you wouldn't have the same experience, but do what you can to write early so the same thing doesn't happen to you!

• Like 1