Can law schools rescind offers?

LlamaBarista

LlamaBarista
  • Applicant

Hey all,

I am currently in my final year in undergrad and I was fortunate enough to receive a couple offers. I was just wondering if my winter 2022 (current semester; Jan-April) grades matter at all - like if I just coast through with Cs or something - could a law school potentially rescind their offer of admission? None of the offers I had received had any conditions or information on them.

Thanks!

Rashabon
  • Lawyer

Probably not but the people hiring for law jobs are going to see your transcript and be unimpressed.

• Like 1

Miles
  • Law School Admit

Congrats on getting offers for law school! 

This is your final opportunity to have your reading and writing skills evaluated, before law school starts. Level up the standards of expectations in yourself. Give yourself less time to finish readings/papers than the deadline gives you. Get your final draft critiqued by your school's Academic Writing Centre (think most schools have some form of this). Discuss your graded paper with your TA/Prof and see what you missed out to have made it better -- even if you've received an "A(+)". Carry the momentum of strong work ethics into your law school studies so you can continue to achieve academic success! 

• Like 2