Do Winter grades matter?

skg00

Just wondering, would winter 2022 grades matter? I’ve been accepted to western and Ottawa and waiting on a response from OZ. Would a drop in my cgpa because of my current semester affect my offers, and do I have to send final marks in?

legalkoala
  • Law School Admit

To piggyback off of this, do winter marks matter for law firm recruits? 

LMP
  • Articling Student
1 minute ago, legalkoala said:

Firms request your transcripts for the recurits. What value they place on them I don't know but if they're asking I would assume it is at least relevant. 

• Like 1

vbcoffee
  • Law Student
9 minutes ago, legalkoala said:

As far as I am aware, most firms don't particularly care about undergrad GPA. However, they do ask you to submit your undergraduate transcript so a significant drop (i.e., getting B/Cs when you normally have an A average) might lead to questions. 

• Like 1

Apple
  • Lawyer

Will it effect your offers? If your offer is conditional upon maintaining certain grades then yes. If it’s not conditional then no. 

Do you have to send in final transcripts? Yes. 

Do winter grades matter? Yes. The extend to which they matter varies. 

• Like 1

goodisgood
  • Law Student
13 hours ago, skg00 said:

Just wondering, would winter 2022 grades matter? I’ve been accepted to western and Ottawa and waiting on a response from OZ. Would a drop in my cgpa because of my current semester affect my offers, and do I have to send final marks in?

As someone who had shitty undergrad grades that have consistently held me back in any of my endeavours for years, just grind it out. It may not end up making a difference in your acceptance to school, but you do have to send in your undergrad transcript to all your employers for student positions. Or, if you strike out at law and want to pursue another program, good grades always help.

• Like 1