Provisional acceptance question

ebok

Hi, 

I am still trying to decide between two schools that I have already been accepted to. If I provisionally accept one before April 1st can I still be considered for another school I have already been accepted to? Or can I only be considered for schools that I have not yet been accepted to? These are both Ontario schools 

Boozey
  • Law Student

This is all speculation on my part, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. If you provisionally accept an offer, you are able to indicate which other schools you wish to remain open for consideration. If you indicate the other school that you were already accepted to, that may be fine, but that acceptance will be gone after April 1st if thats when the acceptance deadline is (unless you provisionally or firmly accept that school's offer instead). 

The other possible scenario (that I think is more likely) is when you provisionally accept an offer, you can keep other schools open for consideration that you don't already have any offers from. Therefore, your acceptance to this second school would be rescinded. 

Please do reply to this thread when you figure all this out, as I'm curious myself!

On 3/8/2022 at 11:15 AM, ebok said:

Hi, 

I am still trying to decide between two schools that I have already been accepted to. If I provisionally accept one before April 1st can I still be considered for another school I have already been accepted to? Or can I only be considered for schools that I have not yet been accepted to? These are both Ontario schools 

When you provisionally accept one Ontario school  all  existing  offer(s) from  Ontario schools are dropped. 

Edited by luckycharm