Activating your Passport York Account / Accessing My Osgoode

fox

As the title suggests, does anyone know how to go about doing this once you've firmly accepted your offer?

Edited by fox

Obi-wan
  • Articling Student

From what I recall, your credentials to access the site are not available until late July. Admin will send you an email with instructions with info on how to set up MyOsggode, login to your Osgoode email and access your class schedule once IT has authorized accounts. 

LMP
  • Articling Student
5 minutes ago, Obi-wan said:

From what I recall, your credentials to access the site are not available until late July. Admin will send you an email with instructions with info on how to set up MyOsggode, login to your Osgoode email and access your class schedule once IT has authorized accounts. 

I've had no problem logging in, though I couldn't tell you the exact steps I took to register initially. 

Obi-wan
  • Articling Student
Just now, LMP said:

I've had no problem logging in, though I couldn't tell you the exact steps I took to register initially. 

Oh there you go @fox it sounds like you should be able to sign also. Admin or IT should have sent you an email at some point about login info (at least this is what they did last summer for incoming 1Ls). If you don't have an email, I recommend emailing IT. They should be able to help you out.

19 hours ago, LMP said:

Did you receive an email that prompted you to set up your account after your firm acceptance?  Or did you simply take initiative and google Passport York Account and set-up like that?

LMP
  • Articling Student
31 minutes ago, fox said:

Did you receive an email that prompted you to set up your account after your firm acceptance?  Or did you simply take initiative and google Passport York Account and set-up like that?

They have this little snippet in the acceptance email, I just did what it said.

"Once you have firmly accepted your offer you can set up your Passport York
account.  This will enable you to access My Osgoode, the electronic portal
for information about Osgoode’s information and services.  Upon setting up
your Passport York account, your personalized Osgoode email account will
also be generated.  To apply for on-campus housing and pay your
registration deposit you must have firmly accepted your offer."

BruiserWoods
  • Law Student
39 minutes ago, LMP said:

They have this little snippet in the acceptance email, I just did what it said.

"Once you have firmly accepted your offer you can set up your Passport York
account.  This will enable you to access My Osgoode, the electronic portal
for information about Osgoode’s information and services.  Upon setting up
your Passport York account, your personalized Osgoode email account will
also be generated.  To apply for on-campus housing and pay your
registration deposit you must have firmly accepted your offer."

I did the same when I firmly accepted. However, I haven't recieved any emails pertinent to 1L registration/orientation through my Osgoode inbox or had a use for my Passport York account as of yet (except for confirming that my deposit was recieved). You haven't missed anything so far, but you may as well set it all up sooner rather than later.

Turtles
  • Law Student

Last year I was asked to create my Passport York account before paying the deposit electronically because they needed me to have a York account for York to properly reconcile the transaction / let osgoode know / allow them to register me for courses in July. Instructions on making it were in the Admission Package link included in the original offer of admission email.

Apple
  • Lawyer
On 6/19/2021 at 1:01 PM, BruiserWoods said:

I did the same when I firmly accepted. However, I haven't recieved any emails pertinent to 1L registration/orientation through my Osgoode inbox or had a use for my Passport York account as of yet (except for confirming that my deposit was recieved). You haven't missed anything so far, but you may as well set it all up sooner rather than later.

Just a heads up there is no 1L registration. Your schedule is made for you. You’ll receive an email saying which section you’re in and then you’ll look up the corresponding schedule on MyOsgoode.