York U Strike + Admissions

Lawstudent692419

Lawstudent692419
  • Applicant

Hi everyone,

There is some discussion that there may be a strike at York U before I am able to graduate this year. I plan on accepting to Osgoode, but since I am a third year applicant, my offer is conditional upon the completion of this term. Does anyone know how a potential late graduation (e.g. July or August) might impact my acceptance? I have emailed admissions at Osgoode but haven't received a response yet, and I'm hoping that someone here might have more information. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Lawstudent692419

North
  • Law Student

Your situation appears very unique, and speaking to Osgoode directly will be best. With that said, I experienced the strike at York in 2018, and at that time was presented with some alternative options in terms of course completion. One of those was a "summary grade" of sorts, where the work you had completed in the prior months was averaged and used to calculate a final grade. It may be the case that York will offer opportunities to complete your degree on time, despite an ongoing strike.

• Like 1