Question for Current LASL Students

moderndayellewoods444

moderndayellewoods444
  • Applicant

Hi! I got accepted back in February, and was elated given that LASL was one of my top choices. However, I keep seeing a lot of people really coming down on this program in the forums and was wondering if there were any current students that could ease my mind about the novelty of this program? I was just wondering what the opportunities were like for research and if students have been having success with getting placements? Ideally, I'd be very interested in working in government and haven't heard many things about the connections LASL might have with government positions. I know there hasn't been a graduating class yet, but I'd love if anyone could give me some nuggets of wisdom, or how you've been enjoying the program so far? 

Thanks so much in advance! 

JOATJD
  • Law Student

congratulations on your acceptance!

Current 2L here. The CDPPO office assists with finding a placement position. There are several OCJ placement positions they have secured for the inaugrinal year. I assume by the time you become 3L, there should be much more opportunities available to you. 

Feel free to dm me, happy to provide further insight. 

moderndayellewoods444
  • Applicant
On 3/21/2022 at 2:47 PM, JOATJD said:

congratulations on your acceptance!

Current 2L here. The CDPPO office assists with finding a placement position. There are several OCJ placement positions they have secured for the inaugrinal year. I assume by the time you become 3L, there should be much more opportunities available to you. 

Feel free to dm me, happy to provide further insight. 

Thank you so much for your reply, that's really great to hear!