Dal vs Western

crankyfarmer

crankyfarmer
  • Law School Admit

Still debating! I have a lot of pros for Dal, but I keep hearing people say I should go to Western instead. Would love your thoughts. BC resident, but I'm not committed to coming back after my JD.

Conge
  • Lawyer

What's the difference in cost? Will one result in less debt? If so, take that option. They are both good schools.

All other things being equal, if you want to work in BC, go to Dalhousie. If ON, Western. That's my gut reaction. 

• Like 1

Timmy23
  • Applicant

Piggybacking on this as I'm also torn, and from BC! If anyone has any insight into living in the cities themselves (things to do, nightlife, etc.) as well as the schools in terms of things like class size and whatnot that would be much appreciated!

CheeseToast
  • Law Student

Probably more people from BC at Dal. Nightlife and things to do I would also say Halifax>London ON. Class sizes and the like I believe are near identical. For me the bottom line was that Western would have been a great place to do undergrad but not so much for someone in their mid 20s. Unless you're dead set on working in Ontario Dal is a no brainer for OOP applicants IMO, and I say that as someone who strongly considered a number of ON schools.

• Like 3