Choosing a JD Advantage job over being a lawyer

FortifiedEight

FortifiedEight
  • Articling Student

Hi all,

I looked at some past threads discussing JD Advantage jobs and noticed there are people on this forum who opted out of being a lawyer. I'm just about to finish up articling and I currently have two job opportunities: one is to be an in-house lawyer in a field of law I do enjoy, and the other is a JD advantage job at a law firm in a field which I have a passion for and have some work experience in, but I do not have an educational background in (although that won't matter). I'm trying to determine if right after articling is the time to give up on being a lawyer. There are lots of things I hate about being a lawyer, and a few things I love. I'm also in a really bad work environment so I'm sure that's affecting my decision making.

With all of that said, I'd love to hear your stories about why you chose to leave being a lawyer and instead take a JD Advantage job. Thank you for sharing! 💗