Help

lawyerlatina

lawyerlatina
  • Law School Admit

I was accepted into Ryerson about a month ago, and I just found out today I got accepted into Windsor! I was wondering if I accept Ryerson provisionally, will my Windsor acceptance will appear after April 1? it hasn't shown up on my profile or through OLSAS.

hopefully this makes sense! Thank you! 

lawyerlatina
  • Law School Admit
2 minutes ago, qsizzle said:

Yes it will as long as when you provisionally accept Ryerson, you keep Windsor as active.

even if I was already admitted? 

Yes. If you're very paranoid, you can wait till the 31rst. By then the Windsor offer will be on OLSAS. But by that point, you'll have to choose between the two.

lawyerlatina
  • Law School Admit

So if I provisionally accept Ryerson today and choose to keep Windsor I will have until the July 1 to firmly accept. Where as if I wait until its up on OLSAS  I will have to choose between the 2? 

Boozey
  • Law Student

You should check the acceptance deadline on your Windsor offer letter (or check with the admissions office). Usually, offers given before April 1st in Ontario require a response by April 1st. So, if you received both of these offers prior to April 1st, and provisionally accept Ryerson's, your Windsor offer would likely be cancelled when the April 1st deadline passes. 

1 hour ago, lawyerlatina said:

So if I provisionally accept Ryerson today and choose to keep Windsor I will have until the July 1 to firmly accept. Where as if I wait until its up on OLSAS  I will have to choose between the 2? 

Correct. Only one acceptance at a time. Whether it is provisional or firm.

46 minutes ago, Boozey said:

You should check the acceptance deadline on your Windsor offer letter (or check with the admissions office). Usually, offers given before April 1st in Ontario require a response by April 1st. So, if you received both of these offers prior to April 1st, and provisionally accept Ryerson's, your Windsor offer would likely be cancelled when the April 1st deadline passes. 

This is also true and should be taken into consideration. If both Ryerson and Windsor expire on April 1, and you have provisionally accepted Ryerson, your Windsor offer will be expired that date. Unless you change it in time. And vice versa.

However, if you provisionally accept Ryerson say today. And if you are given more time on your Windsor offer (expires say June 30)  then your Windsor offer will stand until that date or July 1 when the provisional acceptance of Ryerson becomes firm automatically.

Edited by qsizzle

lawyerlatina
  • Law School Admit
9 minutes ago, qsizzle said:

Correct. Only one acceptance at a time. Whether it is provisional or firm.

This is also true and should be taken into consideration. If both Ryerson and Windsor expire on April 1, and you have provisionally accepted Ryerson, your Windsor offer will be expired that date. Unless you change it in time. And vice versa.

However, if you provisionally accept Ryerson say today. And if you are given more time on your Windsor offer (expires say June 30)  then your Windsor offer will stand until that date or July 1 when the provisional acceptance of Ryerson becomes firm automatically.

That is good to know! Thank you so much! 

2 minutes ago, lawyerlatina said:

That is good to know! Thank you so much! 

do you think the Windsor application would expire April 1, even though I technically haven't received it - and its one week until deadline? 

• Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, lawyerlatina said:

do you think the Windsor application would expire April 1, even though I technically haven't received it - and its one week until deadline? 

I am unsure. Every school has the right to set their own dates. You'll need to wait for it to appear on OLSAS or check your acceptance letter. If neither come in your wanted time frame, I'd email or call the school to find out.