Applying for Post Articling Jobs - When To Start?

onlyinevitable

onlyinevitable
  • Articling Student

Hey all,

I'm working in a post where the hireback is incredibly unlikely. Typically, to be hired for another year, you would have to apply and relocate to a rural posting and then after 3-5 years, maybe you'll be lucky enough to be back to where you were. And even then its not a guarantee. Due to this, I'm looking at applying to other posts (as well as probably the more rural postings). I have just started my articling year and I am wondering when I should start applying for posts for the following year? I am hoping to work within a government agency, preferably within criminal law or public safety.

I've seen some postings that I would be interested in that likely won't stick around but they have no start date. I know sometimes government postings take particularly long but I don't want to waste their time if they aren't looking for a replacement that can only start in May or June of next year.

Thanks.