Should I expect a rejection soon?

Debtful

Debtful
  • Applicant

I went into queue on November 23rd and there has been no movement on the portal. Given that waitlists and rejections are coming out, should I expect either a waitlist or rejection?

Debtful
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, ElleofFrell said:

There are all three coming out - it will definetly come down to your stats. 

3.6 CGPA and 159 LSAT. 

Applied under special circumstances as I worked full-time for all 4 years of undergrad and was taking care of a family member who was in/out of hospital. Also first-gen to attend uni/graduate from high school.

Also have 2.5 years work experience as a legal assistant at a boutique litigation firm on bay street. I have LORS from a well known professor and the lawyer I work with and a really good personal statement (according to one of the associates at my firm). 

Edited by Debtful

ElleofFrell
  • Law Student
10 minutes ago, Debtful said:

3.6 CGPA and 159 LSAT. 

Applied under special circumstances as I worked full-time for all 4 years of undergrad and was taking care of a family member who was in/out of hospital. Also first-gen to attend uni/graduate from high school.

Also have 2.5 years work experience as a legal assistant at a boutique litigation firm on bay street. I have LORS from a well known professor and the lawyer I work with and a really good personal statement (according to one of the associates at my firm). 

To be honest with your stats I'd say chances are a little lower, due to your LSAT- BUT it seems like you have great softs, which I think with Osgoode's more holistic approach is giving you great chances to be at least waitlisted. I am sorry this is not of more reassurence but I think with these stats you have to just wait. 

Can I ask if you gotten any other responses/acceptances?

Edited by ElleofFrell

Debtful
  • Applicant
Just now, ElleofFrell said:

To be honest with your stats I'd say chances are a little lower, due to your LSAT- BUT it seems like yo uhave great softs, which I think with Osgoode's more holistic approach is giving you great chances to be at least waitlisted. I am sorry this is not of more reassurence but I think with these stats you have to just wait. 

Can I ask if you gotten any other responses/acceptances?

I've been accepted to Ottawa, and still waiting to hear back from queens and western. I haven't been rejected from those yet so i guess no news is good news. 

ElleofFrell
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, Debtful said:

I've been accepted to Ottawa, and still waiting to hear back from queens and western. I haven't been rejected from those yet so i guess no news is good news. 

I would say so - I am in same boat as you, but my stats are worse than yours. I applied only to 4 schools, so I am just waiting on Osgoode. Fingers crossed!!!

law000099
  • Law School Admit

dw, lots of time left to hear back, try not to worry about it or read into people getting acceptances/rejections/waitlists, our time will come!

• Like 3

Kobe
  • Law Student

I have been thinking the same thing, I wish I could just know so I could start planning for September. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Debtful said:

3.6 CGPA and 159 LSAT. 

Hang in there. Are you in eslewhere?