1L Schedule

Futurelawyer123

Futurelawyer123

Hey everyone! Can someone tell me about the class schedule for 1L in Ottawa. Are most of the classes in the morning, afternoon, evening? I am wondering because if classes are in the evening it will influence which area I live in. 

blackeye
  • Applicant

someone shared their schedule on the discord. classes are morning, afternoon, AND evening, back to back with one break in the day. most days wouldn't give time to commute home in between unless you live across the street or something. i think the schedule was like 8:30 am to 6:30 pm or something

• Like 1

Futurelawyer123
26 minutes ago, blackeye said:

someone shared their schedule on the discord. classes are morning, afternoon, AND evening, back to back with one break in the day. most days wouldn't give time to commute home in between unless you live across the street or something. i think the schedule was like 8:30 am to 6:30 pm or something

Thanks will check it out 

gglaw
  • Applicant
48 minutes ago, blackeye said:

how does one access the discord! I would like to see the sample if you're able to let me know 🙂

blackeye
  • Applicant
44 minutes ago, gglaw said:

how does one access the discord! I would like to see the sample if you're able to let me know 🙂

that's a good question. i have no idea how to get you on there since i'm not well versed with this at all but @Renerik is a mod and may be able to help. 

i'll attach the schedule here though! this is for the fall

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.40.22 PM.png

gglaw
  • Applicant
32 minutes ago, blackeye said:

that's a good question. i have no idea how to get you on there since i'm not well versed with this at all but @Renerik is a mod and may be able to help. 

omg thank you so much I really appreciate that! Yeah trying to get onto the discord was not working very well for me so I will try again! Thank you so much! 🙂

Renerik
  • Law Student

Hope someone was able to reach out to you. If you haven't been able to access the discord:

Option 1: Click this link [https://discord.gg/zbhENymC] and follow the prompts or;
Option 2: Click on the "Official Discord" tab on the website's banner.
image.png.8a776c6d7d93d0af436de825182211ae.png

gglaw
  • Applicant
8 hours ago, Renerik said:

Hope someone was able to reach out to you. If you haven't been able to access the discord:

Option 1: Click this link [https://discord.gg/zbhENymC] and follow the prompts or;
Option 2: Click on the "Official Discord" tab on the website's banner.
image.png.8a776c6d7d93d0af436de825182211ae.png

thank you so much! It was giving me some issues but I have been able to get on! I appreciate it a lot! 

• 1 month later...
counterstriker
  • Applicant

A couple questions from me:

1. I'm unable to join the discord. It says the invite is invalid. Anyone else having the same issue?

2. Is there a uOttawa course planner to make sample schedules prior to the enrolment date?

Thanks!

Edited by counterstriker

Ryn
  • Lawyer
8 minutes ago, counterstriker said:

1. I'm unable to join the discord. It says the invite is invalid. Anyone else having the same issue?

The link in Renerik's post seems to be old; it's best to use the official one at the top menu because that will never expire. Here it is for convenience.

• Like 1

gglaw
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, counterstriker said:

It would say this for me! All I would have to do is press the back button and then I would be on the discord! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
counterstriker
  • Applicant
On 3/28/2022 at 4:42 PM, blackeye said:

This looks great.

But where did you find the courses being offered for the Fall 2022 and Winter 2023 semesters? The course search engine only shows course offerings for 2021-2022 for me. 

Hello, does anyone know how the course selection and schedule works for first year.

https://www2.uottawa.ca/faculty-law/common-law/programs/english-juris-doctor

I am a bit confused on what is written on their website about the number of units listed after the subject. Is that the number of units that will be covered in the course? I am also a little confused as it lists a whole bunch of courses and then it says "OR,"  and then lists another section of courses.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance    

scooter
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, olala14 said:

Hello, does anyone know how the course selection and schedule works for first year.

https://www2.uottawa.ca/faculty-law/common-law/programs/english-juris-doctor

I am a bit confused on what is written on their website about the number of units listed after the subject. Is that the number of units that will be covered in the course? I am also a little confused as it lists a whole bunch of courses and then it says "OR,"  and then lists another section of courses.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance    

Units = Credits

The "OR" is because you take take one of either Criminal Law and Procedure, Torts, or Introduction to Public Law and Constitutional Law in a smaller group of like 25 students. So they're just listing those 3 possibilities separately with "OR".

I'm not sure when course selection happens but I believe you can pick which one you want to take as a small group. There is also one thematic elective you get to pick in the second semester

woahnelly
  • Law Student
On 5/14/2022 at 5:48 PM, counterstriker said:

This looks great.

But where did you find the courses being offered for the Fall 2022 and Winter 2023 semesters? The course search engine only shows course offerings for 2021-2022 for me. 

Course schedules for this upcoming year are being posted on the search engine on June 3! 

• Like 1