2L and no job?

Masterchief117

Masterchief117
  • Law School Admit

Hey all, 

I am going into law school this fall at University of Windsor. I am aware of the limited number of Windsor students who get jobs in Big Law, but I wanted to know how people combat if they do not get work after 2L and how they plan to combat or have combat this in their 3L regardless if you go to Windsor or not. I know I have posted 3 posts in one day but I am just really anxious and confused as to what my future will be looking like as I come from quite a middle class background and will be the first person in my family going to a professional field. All responses are extremely appreciated!

Whist
  • Law Student

You are still months away from starting law school. You do not need to already be concerned with not having a job in 1L summer, let alone 2L summer. Relax. You will be fine at Windsor. 

• Like 2

Rashabon
  • Lawyer
14 minutes ago, Masterchief117 said:

Hey all, 

I am going into law school this fall at University of Windsor. I am aware of the limited number of Windsor students who get jobs in Big Law, but I wanted to know how people combat if they do not get work after 2L and how they plan to combat or have combat this in their 3L regardless if you go to Windsor or not. I know I have posted 3 posts in one day but I am just really anxious and confused as to what my future will be looking like as I come from quite a middle class background and will be the first person in my family going to a professional field. All responses are extremely appreciated!

There's being prepared and there's being Chicken Little. You're currently the latter. Just relax and go to school in the fall and focus on getting good grades and trying out some ECs. The vast majority of Windsor grads find employment. Windsor has placed between 30 and 46 students in summer recruit positions in the last 7 years, and there are lots of opportunities outside those jobs, including the formal articling recruit, informal positions, in-house, etc.