L2 Calculation

RIP-Joel

RIP-Joel
  • Law Student

Hey, I'm just having a bit of an issue trying to calculate my L2. Do courses taken in the summer immediately preceding the start of third year count towards L2? So I started uni in fall 2017 and graduated in April 2021. I started my third in fall of 2019. Are the courses taken in the summer of 2019 (the term immediately preceding fall 2019) count towards my L2? 

Skier41
  • Law Student

L2 calculations vary by school but for the most part, schools don’t look at summer semesters and as long as you meet the required number of courses, they wouldn’t look beyond Fall 2019. Check specific schools though, they’ll usually say how they calculate L2 or L20.

historicaladvantage

Summer courses count at some institutions, others not. Your best bet is to e-mail admissions coordinators (professionally) asking for the way they go about calculations, assuming said calculations aren't listed on their websites. 

RIP-Joel
  • Law Student
45 minutes ago, Skier41 said:

L2 calculations vary by school but for the most part, schools don’t look at summer semesters and as long as you meet the required number of courses, they wouldn’t look beyond Fall 2019. Check specific schools though, they’ll usually say how they calculate L2 or L20.

Yeah here's the thing. over my last two years, I have 18 courses. As a result, I need two more courses. I was wondering if the two courses I took during that summer would count as part of my third year/L2?

Skier41
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, MA1199 said:

Yeah here's the thing. over my last two years, I have 18 courses. As a result, I need two more courses. I was wondering if the two courses I took during that summer would count as part of my third year/L2?

That would vary based on the school. Some would use summer, some would go back to winter and some may leave it as is since 18 is close to 20. Best to check the websites of the schools you’re interested in 

angelica97
  • Paralegal Student
40 minutes ago, MA1199 said:

It depends on the school. Last time I checked, Western looks at summer grades but Queens doesn't.

This is your best bet:

59 minutes ago, historicaladvantage said:

Summer courses count at some institutions, others not. Your best bet is to e-mail admissions coordinators (professionally) asking for the way they go about calculations, assuming said calculations aren't listed on their websites.