Chances of hearing acceptances post April 1st?

legally_brunette

legally_brunette
  • Applicant

Long time lurker who is now panicking, I wrote the LSAT in Jan 2022 and want to prepare myself for what may be coming. Do we have any idea as to what the likelihood is of hearing an acceptance from an Ontario Law School after April 1st is? Or are a majority of offers rejections at that point? I can't tell how many offers have actually gone out and don't know how accurate the data on these forums are...

I'm honestly just super anxious about this and thought a thread for others could be helpful.

frenchvanilla

In the same boat as u and also panicking lol - only school I heard back from was Ryerson with a rejection 🙃 everywhere else still pending/under evaluation/referred to adcomm etc. I also wrote the Jan LSAT. Honestly I know people who have heard back from schools in May - July with acceptances (some being waitlisted and some not), and also in June-July with rejections so I guess it could go either way. It’s just annoying and tiring having to wait so long for updates. 

legally_brunette
  • Applicant

@frenchvanilla I'm with you, I got rejected from Ryerson a couple weeks ago and waitlisted at Windsor yesterday lol. I'm dying but glad to know I'm not alone - we will be ok!

• Hugs 1

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant

Osgoode still seems to have at least dozens of offers to send out as they do acceptances on a rolling basis until June. The same goes with UOttawa.

For Western and Queen's, I think both will have a round or two in early/mid April then we'll start to see bulks of rejections and waitlists. 

UofT is done with all its rounds. There might be some movement off the waitlist later this cycle but likely none at all.

• Like 1

mjslava
  • Applicant
29 minutes ago, LordBONSAI said:

Osgoode still seems to have at least dozens of offers to send out as they do acceptances on a rolling basis until June. The same goes with UOttawa.

For Western and Queen's, I think both will have a round or two in early/mid April then we'll start to see bulks of rejections and waitlists. 

UofT is done with all its rounds. There might be some movement off the waitlist later this cycle but likely none at all.

Dear Lord, what do you think about the rest of Canada, BC in particular?

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
6 hours ago, mjslava said:

Dear Lord, what do you think about the rest of Canada, BC in particular?

UBC still has around 150 offers to make. I've no idea about UVic but it seems that there'll be more seats available once ppl decline their offers for UBC.

Edited by LordBONSAI
  • Like 1

pastmidnight
  • Law Student
43 minutes ago, LordBONSAI said:

UBC still has around 150 offers to make. I've no idea about UVic but it seems that there'll be more seats available once ppl decline their offers for UBC.

Based on the 2025 FB group and the Open House they held last night, UBC has definitely made more than 50 offers. 

• Like 1

randomguy314
  • Law School Admit
8 hours ago, legally_brunette said:

@frenchvanilla I'm with you, I got rejected from Ryerson a couple weeks ago and waitlisted at Windsor yesterday lol. I'm dying but glad to know I'm not alone - we will be ok!

Exact same situation for me haha, rejection from Ryerson March 11, wait list at Windsor yesterday. 

good luck! 

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
37 minutes ago, pastmidnight said:

Based on the 2025 FB group and the Open House they held last night, UBC has definitely made more than 50 offers. 

When someone on this forum called the admissions a couple of weeks ago, they were told that UBC has roughly filled half of the class. They make 300+ offers each cycle and 200 people will attend 1L. Assuming the yield is about the same for each round of acceptances, I think we should expect at least 100 more calls of offer.

Edited by LordBONSAI

pastmidnight
  • Law Student
47 minutes ago, LordBONSAI said:

When someone on this forum called the admissions a couple of weeks ago, they were told that UBC has roughly filled half of the class. They make 300+ offers each cycle and 200 people will attend 1L. Assuming the yield is about the same for each round of acceptances, I think we should expect at least 100 more calls of offer.

I'm sorry if this comes off as pedantic, but my feeling based on the FB group/Open House is that the class is half-filled because around 100 students have accepted their offer of admission (whoever received this information from admissions, please feel free to correct me if they said they had sent out half of the 300 offers). There is also a not insignificant group of students who have not yet accepted their offer -- the Open House last night was definitely aimed at encouraging students still deciding to pick Allard.

While I am sure more offers will go out, I think people should keep their expectations managed at this point in the game. Based on last night, my feeling is that, for whatever reason, people who were accepted to UBC this year are underreporting on this fourm compared to students accepted at other schools, and that most of this underreporting is from students who were accepted during the second round. Those of us accepted during the first round had our offers expire on March 1st, so the 'pick Allard' message from last night wasn't applicable to us. I also wouldn't be surprised if there is less overlap between people posting their acceptances on the discord and the forum for UBC than there is for other schools. 

I would love to be wrong, but I think admissions encouraging people to accept other offers means they have a limited amount of offers left to make at the point. 

• Like 2

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
46 minutes ago, pastmidnight said:

I'm sorry if this comes off as pedantic, but my feeling based on the FB group/Open House is that the class is half-filled because around 100 students have accepted their offer of admission (whoever received this information from admissions, please feel free to correct me if they said they had sent out half of the 300 offers). There is also a not insignificant group of students who have not yet accepted their offer -- the Open House last night was definitely aimed at encouraging students still deciding to pick Allard.

While I am sure more offers will go out, I think people should keep their expectations managed at this point in the game. Based on last night, my feeling is that, for whatever reason, people who were accepted to UBC this year are underreporting on this fourm compared to students accepted at other schools, and that most of this underreporting is from students who were accepted during the second round. Those of us accepted during the first round had our offers expire on March 1st, so the 'pick Allard' message from last night wasn't applicable to us. I also wouldn't be surprised if there is less overlap between people posting their acceptances on the discord and the forum for UBC than there is for other schools. 

I would love to be wrong, but I think admissions encouraging people to accept other offers means they have a limited amount of offers left to make at the point. 

That's reasonable. Thanks for the insight.