Textbooks?

gglaw

gglaw
  • Applicant

I know its premature but I started taking a look at old syllabi's and the textbooks/prices. Would you guys recommend to rent them (which seems to be more expensive?), get the PDF version or buy the physical version? Just wanted to gauge prices for the upcoming yearย 

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

DennisNextDoor
  • Lawyer

I always liked purchasing a hard copy so I could note them up. I found that useful, but if you are someone who is okay reading a ton online, that could work too.

• Like 1

Whist
  • Law Student

I'd recommend buying (used) hard copies. Your eyes will already be looking at screens a lot. However, I know people who use digital copies, so go based off what worked for you in undergrad.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
SNAILS
  • Articling Student

If your law school has a Facebook marketplace, use that. I bought probably $1200+ worth of 1L books (new price) for maybe $300 cash. And I can resell some of these if I want next year.

It does make a difference if you prefer a printed copy or an electronic version.

• Like 1