Passy apartments

ih8TuckerCarlson

ih8TuckerCarlson
  • Applicant

I applied to osgoode chambers but got assigned a unit in a different passy building. Is this worth raising a fuss over (begging for a different unit) or is it not that big of a difference? This unit is also split with space across floors 1 and 2, does anyone have experience with split units at passy? I can't find any info on the housing services website. TIA

Hey, I am not sure but I have a question for you.

How long did it take to hear back from housing services?

4 minutes ago, ih8TuckerCarlson said:

I applied to osgoode chambers but got assigned a unit in a different passy building. Is this worth raising a fuss over (begging for a different unit) or is it not that big of a difference? This unit is also split with space across floors 1 and 2, does anyone have experience with split units at passy? I can't find any info on the housing services website. TIA

22 minutes ago, ih8TuckerCarlson said:

Take the slipt. If you're still in Passy it isn't really different from OC. Your neighbours might be grad students instead of law students but that's about it. 

The one bedrooms are awesome so don't pass it up. 

ZineZ
  • Lawyer
4 hours ago, Ratchet-and-Clank said:

I too would love to know what a split apartment is?

It's an apartment split over two floors. Typically, your living room and kitchen is downstairs and your study table, bed and washroom is upstairs. You may also have a balcony. 

I like them. They're decent apartments.

Apple
  • Lawyer

https://www.yorku.ca/housing/graduate-housing-york-apartments/york-apartments-gallery/ floor plan of the splits can be found here. You're likely going to be in the tall brown buildings rather rather Passy Crescent! But, it's literally a 45 second walk to campus as it's right beside Passy. I lived in Passy and the Assiniboine apartments. In my experience both are good! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
lawstudent232323
  • Law Student

How quickly did people hear back after applying for residence? I’m transferring and applied yesterday. Wanted to estimate my chances of actually securing housing or whether I should start looking at other options

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Jbens
  • Law School Admit

A split apartment sounds blessed!! Do you think there are still units available in Passy (any size would work)? I wasn't sure if I would attend Osgoode until June 30th, so I ended up applying later than a lot of other people. 

On 4/6/2022 at 7:37 AM, ZineZ said:

It's an apartment split over two floors. Typically, your living room and kitchen is downstairs and your study table, bed and washroom is upstairs. You may also have a balcony. 

I like them. They're decent apartments.

3 minutes ago, Jbens said:

A split apartment sounds blessed!! Do you think there are still units available in Passy (any size would work)? I wasn't sure if I would attend Osgoode until June 30th, so I ended up applying later than a lot of other people. 

I wouldn't hold my breath for a split. Although, one guy did move in around October last year and he got one. 

It really is luck of the draw. But, there's likely something avalible so you're best bet is too apply asap.

ZineZ
  • Lawyer
Just now, LMP said:

I wouldn't hold my breath for a split. Although, one guy did move in around October last year and he got one. 

It really is luck of the draw. But, there's likely something avalible so you're best bet is too apply asap.

^agreed with this. Apply NOW and call York Apartments to follow up. Mention how much you'd like one.

York Apartments sometimes gets flak - but I always found them to be really lovely folks to work with. They were responsive to requests when I was there. 

lawess
  • Law Student
On 7/1/2022 at 5:56 AM, nurse2lawyer said:

How quickly did people hear back after applying for residence? I’m transferring and applied yesterday. Wanted to estimate my chances of actually securing housing or whether I should start looking at other options

im in the same boat and before I applied, I emailed the residence people and asked if I should even bother applying since its so late in the game. she said to still apply because they get cancellations. im still looking at other options too. good luck!

LLCC
  • Law Student

I applied in late May and got a split in early July. However, the earliest move-in date is sep 15th. I will have to find a place to stay for 20 days.

lawstudent232323
  • Law Student
On 7/14/2022 at 3:20 PM, kilgoretrout said:

im in the same boat and before I applied, I emailed the residence people and asked if I should even bother applying since its so late in the game. she said to still apply because they get cancellations. im still looking at other options too. good luck!

yeah they told me im on a waitlist with no ETA on when I could find a place 

• Sad 1

SNAILS
  • Law Student

Passy apartments are somewhat scarce and competitive this year. I know one person that would trade me her 2 bedroom for my 1 bedroom if she could. I know another person that has nowhere to go and wants a 2 bedroom with a room mate.

I am glad I have my 1 bedroom and I am not giving it up.

In summary, if you have a place to live near Osgoode Hall, don't get picky.