Will law schools care that I wrote the LSAT 5 times?

Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano
  • Undergrad

Haven't actually applied yet, but thinking about applying during the fall this year. I wrote the LSAT 5 times and so far my best score has been 167. Which is a pretty decent score, however I am not sure if law schools might pass over me since I wrote the LSAT multiple times. 

Rashabon
  • Lawyer

Different schools have different policies. Most take your highest score, while some might average your score. You'll need to check the school's policies on LSAT scores to confirm.

https://www.ualberta.ca/law/programs/jd/admissions/index.html#:~:text=Applicants must present a 3.7,to be considered for admission.

We are currently using the highest LSAT score for our admission purposes. The last acceptable LSAT writing date for September admission is January of the year in which admission is sought.

U of T for example, generally places emphasis on the highest score, but they leave open to considering your history:

https://www.law.utoronto.ca/jd-admissions-procedure

The LSAT score report displays all test attempts and outcomes within the five years prior to the date of the report. All scores listed on the report will be seen and considered by the Admissions Committee. Generally, we place emphasis on the highest LSAT score reported.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
intrepidlady97

I was wondering about this as well for my situation. I guess it's safe to say that if their website says they'll take your highest score, and if they don't make any mention of considering your history, they probably don't care? I wonder though if there are 2 students with the same LSAT and the same GPA, they'll take the one who took the test once as opposed to someone who took the test 2-3 times?