2L Grades & OCI Job's

babylawyer87

babylawyer87
  • Law Student

How important are your grades after you land a job at a big firm through OCI's? I am worried that my grades are going to slip after exams and I am wondering how much of an emphasis firm's place on your 2L/3L grades in deciding whether they will offer you an articling position/associate position after articling. 

Edited by babylawyer87

OzLaw16
  • Lawyer

My firm asked for my full 2L grades when summer started and asked for my 3L grades before articling started, but in both cases it felt like they were basically confirming I was still passing. If you suddenly drop to straight Ds, they might raise a concern, but a small slip will almost certainly have zero impact on an articling and/or associate offer.

• Like 1