BC MAG Prosecution Service Articling Application Written Assessment

PlatoandSocrates

PlatoandSocrates
  • Articling Student

Hey all, hope all of you are well, and those of you in the midst of exams are pulling through.

I am writing today to see if anyone has any tips for the writing assessment component for Crown articling positions. I am looking for any general tips and guidance anyone might have, as I believe specific questions aren't meant to be shared? (Though I've seen some mixed information on this). Anyhow, I have been planning to do this for review:

1. Review my 1L crim, crim pro, and evidence CANs

2. Review the crown policy guide

3. Review specific public/criminal lawyer ethics sections from prof. ethics class. 

4. Familiarize myself with the Crown Proceedings Act (BC), Attorney General Act (BC), Crown Counsel Act (BC)

5. Familiarize myself with the competencies that they screen for.

Does this seem like a decent approach? It seems to be more or less what my schools CSO advises. I would be eager to hear from anyone who has gone through the process recently. 

Thanks a bunch!

P&S