Deposit

Allthebest

Allthebest
  • Law Student

does anybody have any experience asking for an extension to pay the deposit? 

My deposit ($1000- yikes) is due for UofA tomorrow, but I’m still waiting to hear back from UVIC and UBC…

Borat
  • Law Student
On 5/9/2022 at 10:08 AM, Allthebest said:

does anybody have any experience asking for an extension to pay the deposit? 

It doesn't hurt to email and ask. Worst case scenario they just say no. I have heard of some schools offering extensions of a few weeks, but it's less likely now that we're this late in to the application cycle.

On 5/9/2022 at 10:08 AM, Allthebest said:

My deposit ($1000- yikes) is due for UofA tomorrow, but I’m still waiting to hear back from UVIC and UBC…

If I were in your position I'd secure the seat at UofA. UVic just sent an email today saying the class is full. Same goes for UBC (at least in the general category). 

ellewoods2.0
  • Law School Admit
51 minutes ago, Borat said:

If I were in your position I'd secure the seat at UofA. UVic just sent an email today saying the class is full. Same goes for UBC (at least in the general category). 

Hey! I applied to UVic and my application is currently under review but I didn't receive that email from them. If you don't mind me asking, what did it say? I applied Discretionary so I am not sure if it would apply to me or not

Borat
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, ellewoods2.0 said:

Hey! I applied to UVic and my application is currently under review but I didn't receive that email from them. If you don't mind me asking, what did it say? I applied Discretionary so I am not sure if it would apply to me or not

This was an email sent out today to people who were already admitted, asking them to not hold multiple positions at law schools:

This is a reminder that if you are holding positions at multiple law schools, please make a final decision concerning where you will attend law school this fall. Our class size is full, and a final decision will aid other applicants who are waiting on an offer of admission and are being unnecessarily prolonged for students that are holding multiple seats.

• Nom! 1

Lilbb19
  • Articling Student

u gotta just pay and sacrifice that bad boy if you get in elsewhere 

• Nom! 1