Holding Multiple Offers

TiredLawStudent

TiredLawStudent
  • Law Student

Just a thought- considering the acceptance fiasco that happened last year at TRU and a couple of other schools, would applicants still be holding onto multiple offers as security? Would we see more than normal offers being sent out in the summer because of this? 

Borat
  • Law Student

This definitely could be happening. UVic just sent out another email to all admits stating that their class is now full and urging those holding multiple offers to make a final decision. But given what happened last year I do sympathize with those who do so. If I were a below median admit at my target school I would probably hold on to another offer as well just as an 'insurance policy'. 

One other thing this year which might have slowed down the admissions process is schools sending out offers on a one-to-one basis (i.e. one offer for one available seat), to avoid any chance of over-enrolment. As a theoretical example, previously some schools could send out 20 offers for just 10 seats, with the assumption that the yield rate would be around 50%.