Rejected 2022

idkman

idkman
  • Applicant

I'll start this one off.

OLSAS gpa 3.47, L2 3.65. LSAT's 148, 158, 161.

I was an executive of 3 clubs and worked part time during school.

Luckily I got into another school in Ontario, but I thought I would get accepted here.

I checked the portal. Did not get an email.

Edited by idkman
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1

TheLawyer
  • Lawyer

You shouldn't take it personally.

You have very good stats that will get in most schools.

Sam2190
  • Applicant
4 hours ago, TheLawyer said:

You shouldn't take it personally.

You have very good stats that will get in most schools.

I agree you both have really good stats im very surprised that you did not get in

missanxiety
  • Applicant

Rejected this morning - received an email to check uoZone. 3.47 CGPA as per OLSAS, 165 LSAT. Applied access.

Edited by missanxiety
  • Like 1

matthews95
  • Applicant
6 hours ago, missanxiety said:

Rejected this morning - received an email to check uoZone. 3.47 CGPA as per OLSAS, 165 LSAT. Applied access.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Have you been accepted elsewhere? The fact that ur getting rejected with these stats doesn't make any sense

missanxiety
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, matthews95 said:

I'm really sorry to hear that. Have you been accepted elsewhere? The fact that ur getting rejected with these stats doesn't make any sense

Thank you 🥺 I was accepted only to the Dual JD and waitlisted for regular JD program at Windsor! I have a feeling it has to do with my transcript, I have a number of withdrawals that I explained and is the reason I applied access but guess that wasn’t good enough 😞

gglaw
  • Applicant
5 minutes ago, missanxiety said:

Thank you 🥺 I was accepted only to the Dual JD and waitlisted for regular JD program at Windsor! I have a feeling it has to do with my transcript, I have a number of withdrawals that I explained and is the reason I applied access but guess that wasn’t good enough 😞

really sorry to hear 😞  but congratulations on Dual and sending positive energy for the single as well! You got this!

• Thanks 1

diddio93
  • Applicant

rejected today with 4.0 and 163 lsat - definitely some type of yield protection going on lol and for those who don't agree I am a first generation Canadian, and university student with a disabled parent who worked throughout undergrad and was exec at several clubs lol.

• Like 2

Legallybrunettewannabe
  • Law School Admit
9 minutes ago, diddio93 said:

rejected today with 4.0 and 163 lsat - definitely some type of yield protection going on lol and for those who don't agree I am a first generation Canadian, and university student with a disabled parent who worked throughout undergrad and was exec at several clubs lol.

Did you get an email or just saw it on the portal? 

• 3 weeks later...
Togepi
  • Applicant

Wow, what a gut punch this was. Refused today but was waitlisted last cycle. So I really don’t know how to feel right now.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

Togepi
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, ISJ55 said:

@MECM- did you get an email or looked it up on the portal?

Just on the portal. They’ll send me that wonderful “we made a decision on your profile” tomorrow.

Doot Universary
  • Law School Admit

Was rejected today. 3.79 cGPA and a 163 LSAT. Fortunately was accepted elsewhere in Ontario, but it’s unfortunate to get rejected from the school that’s housed in your hometown.

On 5/20/2022 at 3:05 PM, diddio93 said:

Yield protection isn’t something Canadian schools really care about, and Ottawa in particular has a massive class size with not the highest yield. I’d be very surprised if they cared about yield protection. Your stats and softs are strong, but I’ve learned that “guaranteed-ins” are a lot less common than some might suspect.

Anecdotes aren’t worth a lot, but case in point: I was rejected at Windsor and accepted at Western with what I believed were statements that were equally as strong.

Edited by Doot Universary

Togepi
  • Applicant
38 minutes ago, ISJ55 said:

@MECM- if you don’t mind me asking, what were your stats?

3.5 and mid 150’s. I acknowledge that it’s not the strongest stats but I was really hoping that my waitlist spot last cycle was an indication of something. But unfortunately not (I’m starting to think it was a fluke. Lol).

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, MECM said:

3.5 and mid 150’s. I acknowledge that it’s not the strongest stats but I was really hoping that my waitlist spot last cycle was an indication of something. But unfortunately not (I’m starting to think it was a fluke. Lol).

@MECM - when did you get waitlisted last year? do you know how many people got off the list? wishing you all the best on your journey!

Togepi
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, m3hrrr said:

@MECM - when did you get waitlisted last year? do you know how many people got off the list? wishing you all the best on your journey!

I got waitlisted on July 1st last year. The amount of people that got off the list is what I’m unsure off. But thank you, I’m still rethinking my next steps as I was really hoping to at least get waitlisted again (but alas, I wasn’t good enough this year.) But, good luck to you too!

• 3 weeks later...
Hoping2transfer
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, eloise142 said:

Rejected CPGA 3.01 L2: complicated but ball parking around 3.6/3.7 LSAT 156

When did your portal get updated if you don't mind me asking?

14 hours ago, Hoping2transfer said:

When did your portal get updated if you don't mind me asking?

Yesterday around the afternoon, I had checked in the morning and it still stated under evaluation and then I checked again between 1 to 3 PM (I can't remember the exact time but around then) and it stated refused

RandyBoBandy
  • Law School Admit

Rejection on portal dated June 28, 2022.

CGPA 3.25 / B2&L2 3.7sh / LSAT 159.

At least they let me know before the July 1st deadline!

• 1 month later...
LawGirl2022
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, berrycardinal42 said:

Rejected today

cGPA (OLSAS): 3.74 

LSAT: 158

😕 

Sorry to hear friend!  The cycle this year is so weird.

• Ryn locked and pinned this topic
  • Ryn unpinned this topic