Chances at Ontario Schools CGPA 3.40 L2 3.63 160 LSAT

InterestedParty

InterestedParty
  • Applicant

Hey all - as mentioned in the title, these are my stats: CGPA 3.40 L2 3.63 160 LSAT. Softs include a Parliament Hill internship at a Ministers Office, member on a couple different volunteer orgs at my university, member on a youth policy think tank and a summer working in education consulting+ a couple other things. 

Undergrad was completed this past semester and just wanting some honest feedback on what my chances are for Ontario law schools. Ideally would want to attend Western or Queen's given my L2 slant and would be willing to write the LSAT again if a slight bump would really improve my chances. If those two are out of the question, I'd also be just as happy to get a shot at Ryerson, Windsor, or Ottawa (if my CGPA is high enough). Attending school outside of Ontario is something I would also very much be willing to consider but not as a first choice. 

All advice is welcome and thanks a bunch in advance, 

Edited by InterestedParty

typinganxiety
  • Law Student

you'd likely get in to an Ontario school. try re-writing ur lsat b/c ur cGPA is kinda low but not too much. solid shot.

• Like 1

InterestedParty
  • Applicant

Thanks @typinganxietythat honestly is quite reassuring to hear.  Based on a scenario where I'd rewrite the LSAT how many points do you think before I'd need to improve by to be a shoein at one of the L2 schools like Western? I'm confident I could probably get into the 162-163 range with some more practice 

Edited by InterestedParty

typinganxiety
  • Law Student
On 5/17/2022 at 8:40 PM, InterestedParty said:

Thanks @typinganxietythat honestly is quite reassuring to hear.  Based on a scenario where I'd rewrite the LSAT how many points do you think before I'd need to improve by to be a shoein at one of the L2 schools like Western? I'm confident I could probably get into the 162-163 range with some more practice 

162-164 is good. it's holisitic too. talk to ur schools law advisor.

karatelaw1
  • Law School Admit

I too think you should rewrite your LSAT, especially if your goal is Western or Queens. Western's median LSAT is 163. Western also looks first at your CGPA and prefers candidates with strong CGPA's before looking at L2. Western's median CGPA is a 3.6 and their median L2 GPA is 3.7. Your current stats put you below all 3 of those medians. A look at the medians at Queens would also show you to be below those medians. And while not far below the medians, it's still below. Also law school admissions the last couple years have been a little unpredictable so I think its difficult to say anyone is a shoe in, unless they have a 3.8+ cgpa and a 170+ LSAT lol. 

• Like 1

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student

Low chance at Queens and Western. Windsor, Ryerson and Ottawa are pretty holistic so it's hard to say. People are accepted and rejected with your stats. Try to improve your LSAT. If you can't, or can only improve it a point or two, apply everywhere and go where fate takes you. You'll likely get in somewhere, you might even get multiple offers, but it's hard to say where you'll get in. 

• Like 1

InterestedParty
  • Applicant

Thanks for the advice everyone! Looks like I'll be prepping for and writing the LSAT again like the madman I am