Deposit

olala14

Hi, 

I am wondering how we know our deposit of $500 goes through? I submitted it Friday and have check a few times in the uozone in the financial statements section, it however seems to be unacceptable for me.

Thanks!!!      

Hi, just wondering how you made the payment? Not very clear on how to actually pay the 500$. Thanks!

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student
12 minutes ago, mikescool said:

Hi, just wondering how you made the payment? Not very clear on how to actually pay the 500$. Thanks!

Bank transfer, like a bill payment. Sent to University of Ottawa Tuition. Unless I did it wrong myself.

Debtful
  • Applicant
7 minutes ago, lawandordermaker said:

Bank transfer, like a bill payment. Sent to University of Ottawa Tuition. Unless I did it wrong myself.

Thats correct - the account you pay to is your student number from your offer letter

• Like 1

TheGoodWife
  • Law School Admit

You can verify that your deposit was received by logging into uoZone, but it's not in the statement of account like you might expect, I remember reading that somewhere. 

Select:

1. Finances and Jobs

2. statement of account 

3. Payments

Then you should see something like attached.

16536075338571640458000770171519.jpg

Edited by TheGoodWife

scooter
  • Law Student
52 minutes ago, TheGoodWife said:

You can verify that your deposit was received by logging into uoZone, but it's not in the statement of account like you might expect, I remember reading that somewhere. 

Select:

1. Finances and Jobs

2. statement of account 

3. Payments

The issue is that many people can't get past step 2 because it gives an error message when you click statement of account

• Like 1

hopeforthebest
  • Law Student

For those of you also having trouble accessing parts of uoZone, have you only provisionally accepted your offer? I'm wondering if this is why I'm still unable to verify the payment has arrived. Is there anyone who hasn't firmly accepted who has successfully confirmed their payment through the website?  

LB122
  • Law School Admit
17 hours ago, lawandordermaker said:

Did you pay to “University of Ottawa” or “University of Ottawa Tuition” ?

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student
26 minutes ago, LB122 said:

Did you pay to “University of Ottawa” or “University of Ottawa Tuition” ?

University of Ottawa Tuition 

Debtful
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, lawandordermaker said:

University of Ottawa Tuition 

oh i sent it to university of ottawa because the offer letter said to send it to "university of ottawa"

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, Debtful said:

oh i sent it to university of ottawa because the offer letter said to send it to "university of ottawa"

I did it with the university financial office over the phone. Maybe it doesn't matter which one is selected.

Debtful
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, lawandordermaker said:

I did it with the university financial office over the phone. Maybe it doesn't matter which one is selected.

I can't even get a hold of them. bad start lol

LB122
  • Law School Admit
27 minutes ago, Debtful said:

I can't even get a hold of them. bad start lol

I also sent it to “university of ottawa”. I emailed comlaw to clarify if that’s going to be an issue. 

Debtful
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, LB122 said:

I also sent it to “university of ottawa”. I emailed comlaw to clarify if that’s going to be an issue. 

i actually called and they searched up my student number and was able to find my deposit and the date of deposit. There doesn't seem to be any delay in when I went to the back and when it was posted.

CL19
  • Law Student

I also called and they confirmed the receipt of deposit, but there’s no update on my admission file at all. Should I be concerned?

Debtful
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, CL19 said:

I also called and they confirmed the receipt of deposit, but there’s no update on my admission file at all. Should I be concerned?

"Unfortunately, your status on uOzone won't change because you accept your offer Provisionally. Once a firmly acceptance candidates pay their deposit their status will update on Uozone, not provisional. "

from admissions agent from ottawa when i emailed them.

• Thanks 1