Getting super nervous about my chances

T123

T123
  • Applicant

super nervous. I still haven't heard back yet . my stats are---b2/l2 gpa : 3.75-3.77 and my highest lsat score is 158   cgpa---2.7/4.0

should i be worried ? 

LongLongLawyer
  • Law Student

As a law student who was once in your shoes, I understand how nerve wracking the wait can be to hear back. A couple of points to remember: 1) the last big surge in acceptances occurs in June, so I'd say you still have a solid month to be accepted (or at the very least waitlisted). 2) OP and Aa70 both have competitive stats.

If you've got a strong Sask connection, there's definitely a good chance you'll hear some good news soon. Good luck!

• Hugs 1

jokic
  • Law Student

also waiting, sask really likes to build that dramatic tension huh. I don't think I have a real chance tho since my GPA is a 2.4 (175 LSAT but sask seems to care more about GPA)

• Hugs 2

ReticentSnacker
  • Applicant
On 6/2/2022 at 3:40 PM, jokic said:

also waiting, sask really likes to build that dramatic tension huh. I don't think I have a real chance tho since my GPA is a 2.4 (175 LSAT but sask seems to care more about GPA)

I’m a 2.7 CGPA/3.2 B2 Undergrad (sadly 3.8 B2 Masters but they don’t count that) with a 169 LSAT and loads of work experience.

I don’t think I have a real chance but I’m going to apply in 2023! Hoping to see you!

• 2 weeks later...
sociologicaldisaster
  • Applicant

Hey everyone, is anybody still waiting on replies? I'm just absolutely loosing my mind here.

Trynamakeitin
  • Applicant
3 minutes ago, sociologicaldisaster said:

Hey everyone, is anybody still waiting on replies? I'm just absolutely loosing my mind here.

Yep still waiting to hear back L2: 3.65 LSAT: 157

Cherry
  • Applicant

I am still waiting hoping to at least get waitlisted.... 

-No sask connection 

-152 LSAT 

-GPA 3.55 (maybe 3.6 waiting on one course grade) 

-legal thesis, VP of legal club, experience working with persons w/ disabilities. 

-strong references 

• Like 1

sociologicaldisaster
  • Applicant

Not even in law school yet and mental health is being drained 🙃

hopefulapplicant
  • Law School Admit
11 hours ago, sociologicaldisaster said:

Not even in law school yet and mental health is being drained 🙃

I found this posted in U of A and I thought it was on point and really helpful. I wish I would have seen it earlier in the cycle. The whole thread is amazing if you want to check it out

On 3/2/2022 at 8:35 AM, Ribbons said:

I remember March 2021 both super well and absolutely terribly. 

I had worked my ass off in the January 2021 (my first, and thankfully last LSAT) but due to a combination of factors I did much worse on it than my practice exams (-5/6). I was crushed. I applied to law school anyway thinking I still might have a chance with my GPA. Thank goodness I did, I think it was April 7th (the final wave before waitlists/rejections) when I finally got the electronic confetti across my screen. I absolutely love law school. This isn't everyone's experience, but it sure as heck is mine. I have an amazing group of friends, I learn new stuff everyday, I challenge myself constantly, I have grown so much as a human, its awesome.

But, I still never forget those months of waiting. Those months of refreshing (what was then called) lawstudents.ca and practically shitting myself every time a notification came out that someone got in. It scared me when people were getting in just days after I had even done my LSAT; I didn't even know my score yet and the seats were filling. It was more stressed then I think I ever have been in law school.

What i learned during that time is cites like this can be toxic for your mental health. You get addicted to the awful jolt you feel loading the site, you get addicted to the hit of whatever chemical when you see other people got in already but you didn't, and you get a major hit of dopamine when you finally get to post in that thread. It is because of this that I encourage you to distance yourself from this site if you are waiting for that acceptance letter.

The only thing I can say is that once I cut out lawstudents.ca I started feeling a heck of a lot better while I waited. I stopped refreshing my email every day and instead only on Friday's (when UofA actually did waves). I stopped panicking every time people got in and their stats were getting closer and closer to my own. Even if you can restrict your usage to once a day or once every second day I promise it will be better for you. The grass is greener where you water it and if you keep refreshing this site you are giving your anxiety much more fuel than your patience. I know it is MUCH easier said than done, but I have been there, I was 110% addicted to that godforsaken site (would never have seen it that way at the time, but obsessively checking anything 5-6 times a day is not healthy), and distancing myself was a great choice. 

I still get anxiety seeing students get in this year and I am already in. Comparison is the death of happiness. Do with this information what you will but I wish you all the best during what is, for many of you, a very stressful time. Feel free to reach out or ask questions below 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

JRoss
  • Applicant

Has anyone heard anything or got waitlisted yet ? Im going insane and keep checking my portal obsessively lol

Cherry
  • Applicant
On 6/16/2022 at 2:34 PM, Cherry said:

I am still waiting hoping to at least get waitlisted.... 

-No sask connection 

-152 LSAT 

-GPA 3.55 (maybe 3.6 waiting on one course grade) 

-legal thesis, VP of legal club, experience working with persons w/ disabilities. 

-strong references 

Just realized it’s best two- so I should be around 83% is that 3.7? Not sure lmao

sociologicaldisaster
  • Applicant

Do you all think that the last ones left are gonna be either rejections or waitlist or will there be any acceptances. Why do I feel like they've already accepted their quota.

• Like 1

SeeYouLaterLitigator
  • Law School Admit

I recently withdrew my acceptance to Sask to go to another school that makes more sense for me at this point in my life. I have a feeling there is still a chance to get accepted at this stage in the cycle as people decline offers and move around.  Don't give up just yet!  I hope my spot goes to one of you 🙂 Best of luck!

Edited by SeeYouLaterLitigator
improve wording for clarity
  • Like 2