Osgoode vs Windsor

Seansei

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
2 minutes ago, Seansei said:

Haven't seen this pairing yet.

There's a reason for that. They aren't in the same league and there is no reason to choose Windsor over Oz unless you need to be there for family reasons or something.

Oz crushes Windsor in the formal recruit and also has some of the best clinical options in the country making it still a superior option if you're interested in public interest law, criminal law, etc.

• Like 4

Whisk3yjack
  • Lawyer

As a Windsor student, the pros of attending Windsor is that it is a essentially a dying rust belt city so the rent is cheap and at some point in the future there may or not be a newly renovated law school building. The cons are that it is in almost every respect a worse law school than Osgoode. 

Edit: ok that was a little harsh. I loved Windsor, I probably had way more fun than I would have at Osgoode, and I never even considered transferring. But I would still tell anyone who has the option to go to Osgoode.

Edited by Whisk3yjack
It's not as bad as I made it seem
  • Like 1
  • Nom! 1

• 2 months later...

Any Ontario law school will allow you to accomplish your legal aspirations.  No one cares where you went once you’re practicing unless its Harvard, Oxford etc. I would not place that much emphasis on where you attend. Every Ontario school provides a good legal education. 

But sure, Oz would have the bette rep as its been around much longer. But in the end, it won’t matter 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student
On 8/17/2022 at 9:18 AM, NikM said:

Any Ontario law school will allow you to accomplish your legal aspirations.  No one cares where you went once you’re practicing unless its Harvard, Oxford etc. I would not place that much emphasis on where you attend. Every Ontario school provides a good legal education. 

But sure, Oz would have the bette rep as its been around much longer. But in the end, it won’t matter 

Your really passionate about this topic, eh? 

• LOL 1