Just received my first LSAT score - L2: 3.8/4 CGPA: 3.76/4 LSAT: 156

biglawfirmstakeme

biglawfirmstakeme
  • Undergrad

Hello all,

Hope everyone is having a great day. So I just received my LSAT score and it's 156. I am not that upset because I only studied for 5 weeks and knew going in that it was not going to be my best. I also believe I have strong references and work experience - tons of volunteering and government jobs where I am sure that they will be glad to do anything in support including references etc. 

I was just wondering though if LSAT is even worth taking again. If I put the time and the effort in - say for September - I think I can do at least 160. At the same time, if 156 gets me in, I can live my life not bothering with studying. 

My goal for schools is as follows: 

1- uOttawa - currently going there and have references professors at school.

2- Ryerson - don't know much about their selection process.

3- Victoria - I want to run away from Ottawa's miserable winter.

If you could please tell me my chances for these three schools I would greatly appreciate it! 

Thanks. 

*UPDATE*

Cumulative GPA (CGPA):3.76

Last two years (L2):3.80

Last three years (L3):3.76

Best two years (B2):3.80

Best three years (B3):3.76

Edited by turkishlawyer

luckycharm
6 minutes ago, turkishlawyer said:

Hello all,

Hope everyone is having a great day. So I just received my LSAT score and it's 156. I am not that upset because I only studied for 5 weeks and knew going in that it was not going to be my best. I also believe I have strong references and work experience - tons of volunteering and government jobs where I am sure that they will be glad to do anything in support including references etc. 

I was just wondering though if LSAT is even worth taking again. If I put the time and the effort in - say for September - I think I can do at least 160. At the same time, if 156 gets me in, I can live my life not bothering with studying. 

My goal for schools is as follows: 

1- uOttawa - currently going there and have references professors at school.

2- Ryerson - don't know much about their selection process.

If you could please tell me my chances for these three schools I would greatly appreciate it! 

Thanks. 

Do this first

https://lsutil.azurewebsites.net

156 is not a good score for Ottawa

biglawfirmstakeme
  • Undergrad
11 minutes ago, luckycharm said:

Do this first

https://lsutil.azurewebsites.net

156 is not a good score for Ottawa

Thanks for the website!

• biglawfirmstakeme changed the title to Just received my first LSAT score - L2: 3.8/4 CGPA: 3.76/4 LSAT: 156
lawandordermaker
  • Law Student

You need to re-take the LSAT. You may get in somewhere, but there's also a strong possibility you'd get rejected across the board with that LSAT score. I'd say the latter is a lot more likely. It's not a risk you should willingly take. Besides, you should want to do the best you can on the LSAT to give yourself more options. Where you go to school does matter. Otherwise you may look back and regret not trying harder on the LSAT. 5 weeks of studying for the LSAT is nothing, you could be just scratching the surface of your LSAT potential. Also school connections don't matter that much. I had really strong connections to the school where I did my undergrad, they still rejected me based on stats. 

WiseGhost
  • Law Student

I would definitely retake. You have a good gpa, but with a 156 lsat score there is no guarantee that you will be accepted to any of your goal schools. A good thing though (at least from what I've gathered looking at accepted stats) is that uottawa prioritizes cgpa over lsat. A score of 158+ would give you a good chance of being accepted to uottawa. 

UVic also uses an index that you can calculate here.

Lilbb19
  • Articling Student

I had 3.9 L2, 3.75 cgpa and 156 lsat and got rejected from uvic 3 years in a row. Youll need at least 160+ for for uvic/ubc. Although i got into a lot of schools a few years ago with a 156, applicants are more competitive now with higher scores. What would have been early admits a few years ago are now rejected or waitlisted. 

Edited by Lilbb19

luckycharm
7 hours ago, turkishlawyer said:

Thanks for the website!

retake LSAT until you get 160+

• 2 weeks later...
Patient0L
  • Law Student
On 5/31/2022 at 6:03 AM, turkishlawyer said:

Def not UVic with a 156