Is LSAT Demon worth it? I want to raise my 161 to at least 16mid this year.

Seansei

Seansei
  • Law Student

LSAT Demon's highest tiers seem like great support for somebody practicing for the LSAT but wow it's expensive. Is it worth that much? Is there a better, more economical service? I'm trying to raise my score to be more attractive to Osgoode Hall and if this will do the trick then I'm prepared to do what it takes.

Has anyone used LSAT Demon, and is it effective for raising scores?

pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit

Hi @Seansei,

Only a couple of data points, but I went from PTing at mid-150s to scoring 169 on test day in about a couple months. I hit 172 on PTs a couple times. I was on Kaplan for a couple months before that and thought they weren't great. My friend has been doing Demon for just a couple weeks and went from averaging -8 on RC/LR, last night she PTd a -1 on a RC section. Her goal was to get 160 before she started Demon, now her goal is 170+.

Definitely pricey, but worth it in my case. The thing with Demon that I found was that I improved really quickly, so you might only need to subscribe to it for 2-3 months. I started with the top tier for a month, then switched to the middle tier. The live classes were good, but I found it was more efficient to study at my own pace. 

I think you can do a week-long free trial. I would do that first before committing $. 

Hope you crush that 170, and best of luck! 😃 

• Like 1

Seansei
  • Law Student
14 minutes ago, pinsandneedles said:

Hi @Seansei,

Only a couple of data points, but I went from PTing at mid-150s to scoring 169 on test day in about a couple months. I hit 172 on PTs a couple times. I was on Kaplan for a couple months before that and thought they weren't great. My friend has been doing Demon for just a couple weeks and went from averaging -8 on RC/LR, last night she PTd a -1 on a RC section. Her goal was to get 160 before she started Demon, now her goal is 170+.

Definitely pricey, but worth it in my case. The thing with Demon that I found was that I improved really quickly, so you might only need to subscribe to it for 2-3 months. I started with the top tier for a month, then switched to the middle tier. The live classes were good, but I found it was more efficient to study at my own pace. 

I think you can do a week-long free trial. I would do that first before committing $. 

Hope you crush that 170, and best of luck! 😃 

Thank you! RC is definitely where I need to see the most improvement so I'm happy to hear it worked out for you.

Disbarred
  • Law Student

LSAT demon was amazing for me. Doing one question at a time throughout the day while working/doing other things was game changing for me

km3
  • Law Student
On 6/20/2022 at 10:49 AM, Seansei said:

LSAT Demon's highest tiers seem like great support for somebody practicing for the LSAT but wow it's expensive. Is it worth that much? Is there a better, more economical service? I'm trying to raise my score to be more attractive to Osgoode Hall and if this will do the trick then I'm prepared to do what it takes.

Has anyone used LSAT Demon, and is it effective for raising scores?

Hi, I personally really enjoyed LSAT Demon for drilling! I do think it was worth it - I switched from 7Sage to LSAT Demon and don't regret my decision. I think 7Sage was good to kind of get the foundations down but LSAT Demon helped in the last few months to just drill questions.