Textbook Costs approx 1L

IllegalIllEagle

IllegalIllEagle
  • Applicant

Does anyone have insight as to the likely cost of textbooks 1st semester, and 2nd semester?

Thanks!

Pantalaimon
  • Lawyer

I don't remember it being too bad, like $150-$200 for the 5 main courses and $40 or so for legislation I think? $0 for the second semester, you're just continuing the year-long core courses.

IllegalIllEagle
  • Applicant
14 hours ago, Pantalaimon said:

I don't remember it being too bad, like $150-$200 for the 5 main courses and $40 or so for legislation I think? $0 for the second semester, you're just continuing the year-long core courses.

Thank you so much! So about 1100~ for the year?

Also -- do you happen to know what the hours were for block week? Theres no schedule yet for it, and so I think it may differ, but is it 5 days a week, 8 hours a day? What hours/days did you have?

Thanks! 🙂

Pantalaimon
  • Lawyer

I bought second hand (I didn't mind having older editions), so I paid much less than that, but that seems like a reasonable budget.

It's five days a week and starts at something like 6 hours a day plus an hour or two of homework, but tapers off towards the end. It's three weeks long, though, not just one week.

• Like 1

IllegalIllEagle
  • Applicant
On 6/24/2022 at 9:16 AM, Pantalaimon said:

I bought second hand (I didn't mind having older editions), so I paid much less than that, but that seems like a reasonable budget.

It's five days a week and starts at something like 6 hours a day plus an hour or two of homework, but tapers off towards the end. It's three weeks long, though, not just one week.

Amazing - and lastly, during the semester how many hours a day would you say you were reading? Or even pages wise? (The schedule has 3 classes a day).

Thanks again!

Pantalaimon
  • Lawyer

I treated it as a 9-5 job, essentially, but rarely had to exceed those hours. So 40 - 5 hours of lunches - however many hours there are of lectures = about how much time I spent reading a week.

• Like 1