Parking at Osgoode

jetblack

jetblack
  • Law School Admit

Asking the upper years here, how do most of you go about parking? Are we buying the YU parking pass? Or are there other options I'm not aware of? A little confused here. Thanks in advance! 

ZineZ
  • Lawyer
1 hour ago, jetblack said:

Asking the upper years here, how do most of you go about parking? Are we buying the YU parking pass? Or are there other options I'm not aware of? A little confused here. Thanks in advance! 

Most folks will get the parking pass, the one you want to park at is the lot by Passy, unless you want indoor parking. Then the garages are your best bet. 

There aren't really any great options outside of this. You can try finding parking in the village or somewhere further away (IE park at the 407 stop and subway down) but taking York parking is the most reliable option. 

• Like 2

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

As a first year, you'll definitely want a parking pass if you are planning to drive. 

In upper years, when I had fewer classes at Osgoode, I did one of two things: 

• If I was only at York for a couple of hours (i.e. for one class, or to take a meeting or something), I would park in the Village and move my car every hour. There's loads of free parking in the Village, and it's a short enough walk that you can make it during a class break. 
  • If I was there for a longer period of time, I would park at the lot at Keele & The Pond. It's about a ten minute walk from Osgoode, and it only costs $6 for the day. 

There is also apparently parking at both Finch West and Pioneer Village TTC stations, with an evening rate of $2 if you park after 3 pm. That would have been helpful for me during upper years, as I had a lot of evening classes, but the subway was new when I was there and I didn't think of it until I sat down to answer this question. 

• Like 1

JustHereNotStaying
  • Law Student

if you are one of the lucky ones that have to go to school only two days because you found a magical way to group all your classes together just pay as you go - ends up being cheaper. 

Otherwise get a parking pass - but if your looking for one the of the cheaper lots then get it NOW. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...