How many OCIs does an average 2L get?

frenchie

QMT20
  • Lawyer

The number of OCIs you get depend both on your grades and the number of firms you apply to. There are a few B-range students who will get 15 OCIs but they applied to 40+ employers to get them. Likewise, there are dean's listers who will get 10 OCIs but only applied to 12 firms. The dean's lister actually has a higher chance of landing at a firm despite having less OCIs. 

The average at Queen's for people who were "average" students was probably between 6-8 after applying to about 25-30 firms. I would define "average" student as being a high-B to a low-B+ range student (3.2-high 3.3). 

Snax
  • Lawyer

I did the math back in my year because Western gave us the numbers.  I don't remember the exact average, but I think it was around 8, but that average is brought up by the few students with 15+ OCIs.  I think the median was 5 or 6.