Free Resources for reading legal papers/publications

goodisgood

goodisgood
  • Law Student

Hey everyone, I promise I'm taking it easy prior to law school actually starting this year. One thing I wanted to do casually was get a feel for the 'style' of legal papers and essays so that there's less shellshock when I start school again (I'm a mature student who has been out for nearly a decade). I've found some good papers on Harvard Law Review but was wondering if there were any Canadian sources (for example, the Canadian Bar Association) where I could find good quality papers.

I have some other readings that were recommended on the previous forum that I plan to get to starting next month, so if anyone else is like me and is desperate to get some time of reading in while relaxing just let me know and I can drop some titles. Cheers!

• Like 1

StephenToast
  • Law Student
9 minutes ago, goodisgood said:

Hey everyone, I promise I'm taking it easy prior to law school actually starting this year. One thing I wanted to do casually was get a feel for the 'style' of legal papers and essays so that there's less shellshock when I start school again (I'm a mature student who has been out for nearly a decade). I've found some good papers on Harvard Law Review but was wondering if there were any Canadian sources (for example, the Canadian Bar Association) where I could find good quality papers.

I have some other readings that were recommended on the previous forum that I plan to get to starting next month, so if anyone else is like me and is desperate to get some time of reading in while relaxing just let me know and I can drop some titles. Cheers!

I'm also starting law school this fall so I can't say if this will be helpful or not, but I have been keeping myself occupied by reading interesting cases on CanLii. 

https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onca/doc/2021/2021onca188/2021onca188.html

• Like 1