Chance me? CGPA: 3.1 L2:3.5 LSAT 162

Heisenberg45

Heisenberg45
  • Law School Admit

Attending on applying to as many schools as possible across Canada. 

3.1 Gpa is  due to an awful first year and somewhat mediocre second and third year.  

Last two years of school were a 3.5 and 3.7 respectively but my L2: is a 3.5 because to get the 60 full credits for a proper L2 calculation I had to dip into my third year. (Had 10 and then 8 courses per year). 

Have 2 good LOR’s. (One from a thesis supervisor and another from a former employer) Worked a number of different jobs throughout undergrad and completed a research certificate. Was also a volunteer at the schools mental health support centre for a year. 

162 was my first write but I’m registered to write again. 

Would apply access due to an undiagnosed mental health disorder that I began therapy for in 2020 (which happened right as my grades shot up in my final two years). 

Edited by Heisenberg45

• 3 weeks later...
sageclock
  • Law Student

You have a fair shot at plenty of schools across Canada. I applied as an access applicant for several schools and was waitlisted at most of them with comparable stats. Good luck!

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student

I had comparable but slightly worse stats and got into two Ontario schools applying access. You'll likely get in somewhere, although it's hard to say where. You have the right idea applying broadly. But not all access claims are viewed equally, so it's impossible to know for certain as I don't have access to your medical records. Make sure you explain everything well in your personal/ diversity statements and provide a lot of medical documentation. Good luck.