Intent to Contact for Ontario OCIS?

OntLawStudent

OntLawStudent
  • Law Student

Are there ITCs for the first phase of the OCI process? I know there will be for in-firms, but wondering about the initial "speed dating" phase. If so, which firms send them, and around what time of the year are they sent out at? TIA!

Pecan Boy
  • Articling Student

I remember getting a few, but not that many firms do it. The ones I got were from Stikeman, Blakes, Gowling, and Fasken. They sent emails like a day or two before we found out our full OCI schedule.

• Like 2

OntLawStudent
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, Pecan Boy said:

I remember getting a few, but not that many firms do it. The ones I got were from Stikeman, Blakes, Gowling, and Fasken. They sent emails like a day or two before we found out our full OCI schedule.

Thank you so much for this! Super helpful. Might I also ask when the OCI schedule came out for you?

• 4 weeks later...
Coolcucumberlaw
  • Law Student

I’ve received a couple emails from two Bay Street firms with them inviting me to interview and notifying me that a time and day will be set up with my school. 

3 minutes ago, Coolcucumberlaw said:

I’ve received a couple emails from two Bay Street firms with them inviting me to interview and notifying me that a time and day will be set up with my school. 

What school do you go to, if you mind me asking?

LMP
  • Articling Student
47 minutes ago, Sacamano said:

I heard someone at Osgoode say they got a PFO from Davies today

Also at Osgoode, also got a PFO from Davies. And a classmate of mine got an ITC from them. 

• Like 1

Turtles
  • Law Student

Honestly can we just get school-specific 2L recruit threads? Posts up until interview week are fairly useless without knowing the student's school as each school seems to follow different schedules, making for confusion.

• Like 5

CB2021
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, Squirtle said:

Anyone at Uoft hear anything yet?

We apparently do our OCIs last, so firms will likely reach out a bit later. 

• Like 1

goodisgood
  • Law Student
On 9/1/2022 at 12:31 PM, Turtles said:

Honestly can we just get school-specific 2L recruit threads? Posts up until interview week are fairly useless without knowing the student's school as each school seems to follow different schedules, making for confusion.

Huh, I had no idea. And here I was freaking out that some folks already got more ITCs. Thanks for the temporary stay in anxiety.