Can your L2 GPA include 100 or 200-level courses taken in your 3rd or 4th year?

intrepidlady97

intrepidlady97

Wondering if a L2 GPA would include 100 or 200-level courses that were taken in the 3rd and/or 4th years of undergrad.

Likewise for a B2 GPA: say my 2nd and 4th years are my best two years (based on the courses I took during my 2nd and 4th years, regardless of level), can I include a 100-level course taken in my 4th year, for example?

It's pretty mechanical, I think they just look at the grades not the course level or difficulty or workload.  I don't think they have time to go through your transcript course by course.  I never took 5 courses in a semester and mostly did 200 level courses.

• Like 2

Electricity
  • Law Student

If the entirety or vast majority of your third and fourth years are filled with lower level bird courses, it might raise some eyebrows (assuming they look over your transcript in detail). If it's just a few though, it won't make a difference. I had a similar question when I first applied, and this is the general advice I was given. 

Good luck. 

Edited by Electricity
  • Like 1

intrepidlady97
On 8/7/2022 at 12:12 AM, Electricity said:

If the entirety or vast majority of your third and fourth years are filled with lower level bird courses, it might raise some eyebrows (assuming they look over your transcript in detail). If it's just a few though, it won't make a difference. I had a similar question when I first applied, and this is the general advice I was given. 

Good luck. 

Yeah I just have a few, majority are 400 or 500 level courses. Thank you for passing along the advice!

On 8/6/2022 at 9:38 PM, myth000 said:

It's pretty mechanical, I think they just look at the grades not the course level or difficulty or workload.  I don't think they have time to go through your transcript course by course.  I never took 5 courses in a semester and mostly did 200 level courses.

Good to know, thanks so much!