Chance me! GPA: 3.9, LSAT: 153

Chickenwing

Chickenwing

I know my LSAT score is low and I’m planning on retaking it, but I just wanted to know what my chances are of getting into Osgoode, TRU, Ottawa, UoA and Saskatchewan with these current stats?

tiktok
  • Law Student

I think you could maybe get on the waitlist at TRU and Saskatchewan. I would definitely retake the LSAT. 

• Like 1

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student

Without knowing softs etc, zero at Osgoode and U of A. Very low at Ottawa, Sask, TRU. Retake the LSAT.

Edited by lawandordermaker

CBay
  • Law School Admit
5 hours ago, Chickenwing said:

I know my LSAT score is low and I’m planning on retaking it, but I just wanted to know what my chances are of getting into Osgoode, TRU, Ottawa, UoA and Saskatchewan with these current stats?

Osgoode admissions is a bit of a black box with your stats. They will consider holistic factors, so if you have outstanding softs, it is possible, though not likely, you could get admitted with a 3.9/153. I've seen a couple people admitted off the waitlist this year with LSAT scores around there, but it is far below their median, so I really wouldn't bank on it. 

Equal if not lower chances at every other school. I'd say little to no chance at U of A or Ottawa. 

Best advice would be to retake your LSAT. Even if you can bump it up 4/5 points, you will see your chances increase substantially. 

19 hours ago, Chickenwing said:

Is your 3.0 per OLSAS conversion?

You should consider hiring a private tutor.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 6:51 PM, CBay said:

Osgoode admissions is a bit of a black box with your stats. They will consider holistic factors, so if you have outstanding softs, it is possible, though not likely, you could get admitted with a 3.9/153. I've seen a couple people admitted off the waitlist this year with LSAT scores around there, but it is far below their median, so I really wouldn't bank on it. 

Equal if not lower chances at every other school. I'd say little to no chance at U of A or Ottawa. 

Best advice would be to retake your LSAT. Even if you can bump it up 4/5 points, you will see your chances increase substantially. 

Thank you for your response! I’m applying through access. I have strong EC’s and volunteer experience in the legal field. I will be retaking the LSAT again though. 

• Like 1

CBay
  • Law School Admit
27 minutes ago, Chickenwing said:

Thank you for your response! I’m applying through access. I have strong EC’s and volunteer experience in the legal field. I will be retaking the LSAT again though. 

Best of luck!

lawandordermaker
  • Law Student

If you're applying access I think others got into Ottawa last cycle with a similar GPA/LSAT split. ( I'm sure a lot more were rejected with a similar application but it is possible ). 

Edited by lawandordermaker
Pocket posted so thought I'd add something of value since I couldn't delete comment.

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

I personally know someone who got into Osgoode this cycle with incredibly similar stats, so it's possible (though unlikely). I wouldn't think Ottawa is completely out of the question either, considering they like high gpa applicants and don't place as much emphasis on the LSAT. To maximize chances, I would agree with the others about re-writing the LSAT.