Hearing back for second round articling interview

annaturney

annaturney
  • Law Student

I know a number of private firms, in-house places will conduct second or third interviews tomorrow after an interview on Monday/Tuesday. Has anyone heard back about the second round interviews yet? I won't ask anyone to disclose where, but I suppose I'm wondering how late is reasonable to watching my email tonight. 

annaturney
  • Law Student

Ah well. Thanks to everyone for sharing, publicly and privately. I was admittedly up kinda late with the email open, but no dice. 

Venting: This is a terrible process. Every articling student I've talked to, any associates who've done in this last few years will always say this is a terrible process. Some places will say they want to be fair and honest with applicants, but they're really not in practice. I had one place give me the contact for their current articling student, and I had that last minute coffee chat only to hear nothing from the firm. Why waste my time and his only to give no indication that I wasn't on the shortlist? At least I know going into call day my odds are lower than expected, but what a demoralizing, terrible process. 

Congrats to those who heard back, good luck today, and hugs to anyone else in a similar situation. 

• Hugs 6