Worst LSAT score for admission

ls.ca

ls.ca
  • Law Student

Just curious, what's the WORST LSAT score you've heard of from a Canadian admit? 

I ask because my niece (15yrs old but competitive) got a cold 130 on an attempt she made using my former 7Sage account. Sparked a bigger conversation with myself and her dad about lowest scores possible while still getting in.

The WORST I've seen from my admitted cohort was a 156, but I suppose those who may have been admitted with low LSATs aren't inclined to disclose that & not everyone uses forums.

CBay
  • Law School Admit

I’d wait until your niece is in a position to be applying to law schools and makes a serious attempt at the LSAT before trying to analyze her chances or worrying about how low is too low. 

Using this score that she got as a 15 year old without a familiarity with the LSAT probably isn’t going to be terribly predictive of any later efforts, if at all. 

That said, I’ve seen some 153s from this application cycle. 

Edited by CBay

Renerik
  • Law Student

1. I've seen a self-reported 14X last cycle for a prairie school.

2. Is it so surprising that a ninth grader scored on the bottom of the scale compared to a population of university students? 

• Like 3

The prairie school must not be Manitoba.  It's has a clear index score calculation 

((LSAT - 120)/60)*50 +AGPA*50/4.5

The stats suggest that even if you have a 4.0/4.5, the lowest LSAT needed to meet the cutoff would around 150.  There seem to be no offers in the regular category below that score, ever.   

130 is like the 2nd percentile.  The LSATs are not that much more difficult than the SATs which teenagers take, especially as the LSATs don't have a math section (though the logic games can be a curveball).  So it's probably just test anxiety or unfamiliarity with standardized tests causing the low score.  No point worrying about the lowest possible score to get in.