Please chance me! cGPA: 4.0; LSAT: 157; Master's Degree

mountain_view_1998

mountain_view_1998
  • Applicant

Hi! Can someone tell me my chances of getting into Western Law with the following?:

cGPA: 4.0 - Won an academic achievement award for the highest average in my program.

LSAT: 157

Master's degree, thesis based, and was awarded a SSHRC Canada Graduate Scholarship to fund my research.

Soft-skills: A lot of research and teaching assistant experience, extra-curricular experience (was the President for my program's student association for 2yrs, did mock trials), many years of volunteer experience in the social service sector with criminal populations. Have won multiple awards for my academic achievements and volunteer experience.

The only thing I'm concerned about is my LSAT score but I really don't want to write it again. Do you think my cGPA and softs would carry me? Thanks!

ZukoJD
  • Law Student

I did a lot of perusing of Western's accepted threads back on the old forum, and it seemed pretty rare for anyone with a sub 158 to be admitted. Usually if I did see anything lower than 158 it was towards the very end of the admissions cycle. That said, with your GPA, ECs and other achievements you appear to be exactly the type of person who would be the exception to the rule and get admitted with a 157. 

I think you have a fair chance at it. If you're okay just getting admitted somewhere I would encourage you to apply elsewhere. You seem like a great uOttawa candidate. 

mountain_view_1998
  • Applicant

Thank you so much for your thoughts @ZukoJD! A friend of mine from high school actually got accepted to Western during the first round of offers a couple years ago with a 157. She had a 4.0GPA and an outstanding personal statement. So, I am trying to remain hopeful....

ZukoJD
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, mountain_view_1998 said:

Thank you so much for your thoughts @ZukoJD! A friend of mine from high school actually got accepted to Western during the first round of offers a couple years ago with a 157. She had a 4.0GPA and an outstanding personal statement. So, I am trying to remain hopeful....

There is definitely hope. 

On 8/22/2022 at 2:28 PM, mountain_view_1998 said:

Hi! Can someone tell me my chances of getting into Western Law with the following?:

cGPA: 4.0 - Won an academic achievement award for the highest average in my program.

LSAT: 157

Master's degree, thesis based, and was awarded a SSHRC Canada Graduate Scholarship to fund my research.

Soft-skills: A lot of research and teaching assistant experience, extra-curricular experience (was the President for my program's student association for 2yrs, did mock trials), many years of volunteer experience in the social service sector with criminal populations. Have won multiple awards for my academic achievements and volunteer experience.

The only thing I'm concerned about is my LSAT score but I really don't want to write it again. Do you think my cGPA and softs would carry me? Thanks!

Is your 4.0 per OLSAS?

Edited by luckycharm