Decent legal recruiter in Vancouver and Toronto

99problems

99problems
  • Lawyer

Hi,

I am looking for a good legal recruiter in Vancouver to help me with my job search (currently an articling student but I don't mind looking for options). Also, I don't mind going back to Toronto either, so if you could suggest some legal recruiters in Toronto, that'd be great too.

• 3 weeks later...
Counsel
  • Lawyer

My two cents: apply directly to firms. Using a recruiter comes w/ the finder's fee for the firms. I think if you apply directly, you will be more competitive. It is an associates market, so just check out indeed.ca or LinkedIn and you will see lots of opportunities. 

• Thanks 1

Rusty Iron Ring
  • Lawyer
17 hours ago, Counsel said:

My two cents: apply directly to firms. Using a recruiter comes w/ the finder's fee for the firms. I think if you apply directly, you will be more competitive. It is an associates market, so just check out indeed.ca or LinkedIn and you will see lots of opportunities. 

Seconded. Last time I was job hunting, I got an interview based on a recommendation from my mentor who was former classmates with the interviewer. He told her straight up that a recruiter had sent him my resume, but he had binned it because there were so many great candidates that didn't come with a finder's fee. Fortunately, mentor's recommendation was sufficient to convince him to pay the fee.