How can I improve my U of T chances? 3.76 GPA, 2nd yr, LSAT TBD (PTs 168)

backtomac

backtomac
  • Applicant

I am graduating a year early, so while I started first year in September 2021, I am officially a 3rd year as of September 2022 (my letter of enrolment says the same).

U of T life sci undergrad, OLSAS GPA 3.76

Haven't taken the LSAT yet and I'm scoring 168 on PTs

ECs: Incorporated a biotech startup, 2 high and 1 less high leadership positions in 1st year, lots of volunteering teaching kids in 1st year 

References: This is one my main issues. Applying so early means I don't have strong relationships with profs 😕 .

How can I spend the next few months to best improve my chances of U of T admission?

U of T specifically means a lot to me as I've loved undergrad here and no other school best matches my career ambitions, but I'm also applying to Western/Queens/Ottawa and would be thrilled to be admitted to any one school

Edited by backtomac

• backtomac changed the title to How can I improve my U of T chances? 3.76 GPA, 2nd yr, LSAT TBD (PTs 168)
aurora borealis
  • Law Student

U of T doesn't look at references so you won't need to worry about your letters for them specifically (but I believe Western/Queen's/Ottawa will).

I think making sure you get a really good LSAT score will help (I'm a 1L at U of T and 168 was my score). PTing 168 is really good but bear in mind that a lot of people see a decrease on their actual test.

Other than that... spend a lot of time on your personal statement. When you apply on OLSAS there was an optional essay you could write. Make sure you also do that. And obviously keep your grades up.

• Like 1